Du Doch Nicht!! Eduard 1/72 scale [COMPLETED BUILD]

Dear Dean. What you are showing here is absolutely incredible work. I cannot comprehend how it is possible to add so many details in such a small scale. And then there is the accuracy and cleanliness with which it is done that is even more mind-boggling. You are a true master to accomplish this level of build quality at such a scale - my hat is off to you, Sir!

Dear Dean. What you are showing here is absolutely incredible work. I cannot comprehend how it is possible to add so many details in such a small scale. And then there is the accuracy and cleanliness with which it is done that is even more mind-boggling. You are a true master to accomplish this level of build quality at such a scale - my hat is off to you, Sir!
Thank you very much Heinrich! With magnifying glasses, tweezers, fine brushes, and a steady hand…I have managed to do the best I can.

Ps - and you need a lot of patience! ROTF

Last edited:
The machine guns are a small project due to the added pieces.
IMG_2338.jpeg
PE4 has to be rolled around a piece of wire the correct diameter. Then glued on. The end piece PE12 is miserably small! That and PE8 are then glued on. After that I painted them black and dry brushed the metal color on. And finally the wood color was added to the gun butts and the handle on the cocking lever.
IMG_2335.jpeg
All that for parts smaller in diameter than a toothpick! ;)
Then they were glued onto the airplane…
IMG_2339.jpegIMG_2341.jpeg
On to the main wings and struts. There are many small PE parts to be added to the fuselage, but I will wait until after the upper wings are on because they will break off easily while handling.

Last edited:
The main wings…
First the lozenge decals…3 for the top
IMG_2345.jpeg
3 for the bottom…
IMG_2347.jpeg
Then 28 stripes, 2 aileron decals, and 2 insignia decals…
IMG_2346.jpeg
Afterwards all was clear coated…
IMG_2349.jpeg
I have to paint the hinges silver, and add the PE control horns with rods.

Next I painted all the struts black in preparation to install the upper wing.
This one side has the speed indicator…
IMG_2351.jpeg
Yes, microscopic parts again! ROTF I am getting used to it by now!

Next will be attaching the upper wing and all struts…wish me luck! ;)

Oh yeah, for size reference, picture with toothpick…
IMG_2352.jpeg

Funny story… my granddaughter, who is 5 yrs old going on 6 next month, walks in while I am putting the stripe decals on the main wing. She asked what I was doing. I showed her by putting one on, and I said to her, “this is really hard and I don’t like doing it!” To which she replied, “You bought it, so you have to do it!” She told me! ROTF

Last edited:
Preliminary work has begun on the Fokker DR1…
IMG_2388.jpeg
The PE frame for the cockpit is definitely fragile! And the control stick is above it to the right. Very small!
Anyway, once I finish all the detailed parts and painting, I can join the fuselage halves. Then a lot of painting will be required on this one.

Back