Registering Gmail Accounts

This forum discusses basic or advanced forum features, how-to's, and updates from the Admin. Note to new registrants: Web-Mail accounts like Gmail, Hotmail must obtain pre-approval. Contact register@shipsofscale.com to set up account. Ships of Scale always checks registrants email for legitimacy.

Moderator: admin

admin
Site Admin

Registering Gmail Accounts

Post by admin » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:41 am

Due to the spamming nature of Gmail, Ships of Scale has to take a cautious approach to manually approving or automatic approval of Gmail accounts. I personally do not have a problem with Gmail, however, a lot of people use Gmail for not so good intentions.

I am also aware that there are legitimate Gmail accounts, however, trying to filter the real Gmail against spam, I must ask that if you want to register yourself using a Gmail Account, then I must issue a personal invite and a manual approval. Therefore, it is required that you must email the Registration Administrator at register@shipsofscale.com

It is unfortunate that I have to take this position, but SOS receives hundreds of registrations from Gmail accounts that are very suspicious and I must remove them and not allow the registration to be completed.

I hope that you understand this extra precaution.
Donnie Driskell
Ships of Scale ©2017
Madison, MS
USA
Owner / Operator / Administrator
admin@shipsofscale.com

Thank you again for your membership and interest.
You do make a difference in the community of Ship Builders !

Return to “General Board/Forum Features, Regulations, etc.”