YouTube link in profiles

This forum discusses basic or advanced forum features, how-to's, and updates from the Admin. Note to new registrants: Web-Mail accounts like Gmail, Hotmail must obtain pre-approval. Contact register@shipsofscale.com to set up account. Ships of Scale always checks registrants email for legitimacy.

Moderator: admin

JerryTodd

YouTube link in profiles

Post by JerryTodd » Sun May 28, 2017 12:35 am

When I put my youtube channel name (1stMaineCavalry) in the YouTube box on my profile, I get:

The field “YouTube” has invalid characters, only alphanumeric or _,-. characters are allowed and the first character must be alphabetic.

Well, YouTube doesn't seem to have a problem with it, why does this site?

Donnie
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer

Re: YouTube link in profiles

Post by Donnie » Sun May 28, 2017 5:02 pm

Jerry,
I have a youtube channel as well. After experimenting with this feature (of which I have never used), I finally figured out how to do it.

As an example, my youtube account is simply "shipsofscale" So, in the youtube field, I simply put in [ shipsofscale ] ignoring the brackets ofcourse.
So what ever your youtube is, for instance JerryTodd, then put just that in the field. Click submit,
then when you go go the contacts and shows the Play arrow icon, it should pull up your youtube page.

Donnie

ps. When you click on your name or whatever, like mine, you will see in the address bar:
https://www.youtube.com/user/shipsofscale in this example, just use the last word (shipsofscale)
So, if your is
httpas://www.youtube.com/user/JerryTodd, then only put in JerryTodd in the youtube field on the profile page.
Current Build: Panart San Felipe 1:75
Completed Build: Santisima Trinidad

Main SOS Site: Ships of Scale Website

"War Ships are safe at harbor, but that is not what they were made for"

Return to “General Board/Forum Features, Regulations, etc.”