Posting Images via this forum

This forum discusses basic or advanced forum features with Tutorials, Video How-To's, and Updates from the Admin. This forum also has Aurthur's Master Index Sheet for easy Build log Navigation.
GemmaJF
Petty Officer First Class

Re: Posting Images via this forum

Post by GemmaJF » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:55 pm

I would probably keep the original topic on the forum but add a link to the cleaned up PDF article at the beginning and end posts.

Certainly I think existing articles such as my Arduino Project or your Planking Guide could be indexed almost straight away, as well as adding them to a PDF library too.
Current Build: ZHL Black Pearl 1:50

Next Up: Billing Boats Bounty 1:50

Researching for POB scratch build : HMS Ferret 1:48 (1711)

Projects: Arduino Lighting Project

donfarr

Post by donfarr » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:42 pm

Questins on posting topics, being curious, what happens if I post something like this.........does anyone have instructions, plans etc. if I post it on MSB will it show on SOS or NAVY BOARD MODELS, or do I have to post on each one seperatly. THANKS DON
donfarr

shipwright101

Post by shipwright101 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:20 am

Questins on posting topics, being curious, what happens if I post something like this.........does anyone have instructions, plans etc. if I post it on MSB will it show on SOS or NAVY BOARD MODELS, or do I have to post on each one separately. THANKS DON

when I go to the SOS forum I click new posts to see what is going on. Over at MSB a topic with a new post turns a button red also on the home page it will list new posts.

What would really be great is if SOS forum had something when you click NEW POSTS it would show both forums but it does not and I do not think there is a way to make that happen.

on both forums there could be a sticky link showing new post on MSB, at MSB a sticky link to the New Posts at SOS.

donfarr

Post by donfarr » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:55 am

OK thanks Dave do you know if Winston plans to shut down MSB AND TELL MEMBERS ABOUT NAVY BOARD MODELS, or are we going to have 3 forums, I see many new people joining up through Zotan, THAT IS GOOD, Dave you may be interested in a post on MSW that got back to me, a person is compiling plans from the Danish archives one version is very expensive, he is working on cheaper version but much smaller letter size, if you want I can give you his email address. THANKS DON.........PS how are you feeling, I should be emailing to Ev with my completed order plus HALIFAX with all the frills, LASER CUT FRAMES AND DECORATIONS, could you tell me if the project that you and Ro and Wayne have been working on is in WHAT STAGE right now, also I am going to be a PIA right now, while you are getting better, PLEASE POST ON NAVEY BOARD MODELS YOUR ANTICIPATED PROJECTS< DO NOT HAVE TO BE FINAL IDEAS, BUT JUST PROPOSALS, birthday today family taking me out to lunch so when I get back will send you an email check it out. Don
donfarr

zoly99sask
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Post by zoly99sask » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:19 am

Is there a forum on the navyboard site?

shipwright101

Post by shipwright101 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:37 pm

Is there a forum on the navyboard site?

no there is no forum on the site it does have a facebook page and it is connected to SOS and MSB forums.

NBM is more of a library and archive of information.

Brian077

Post by Brian077 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:51 pm

its a pity that the navy board Facebook site couldn't integrate here and we would all be mutually benefited by it.

shipwright101

Post by shipwright101 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:39 am

its a pity that the navy board Facebook site couldn't integrate here and we would all be mutually benefited by it.

actually I was just talking to Winston about this idea the concept is to create a network of different forums and a single location were anyone can go to explore the hobby. Winston's reply is

if we had some way to display the most recent posts from each site on the NBM site or even between sites would be great. The problem is in the programming. All sites run on completely different platforms making this, though possible, a very big stumbling block. Each site (except MSB) usually has system security updates or patches released each month. Any one of these updates can render any programming we have done completely useless.
That being said, if we can get the majority of the members of all sites to join the NBM facebook group we can go a long way to overcome that issue as it would be a common site that all would visit on a regular if not daily basis to get current information about the other sites that are involved in the project. Most website platforms these days have designed plugins which will interact with facebook. Either with the ability to share content on facebook or being able to display a facebook feed on your site or both. I think this is the route that has to be investigated for what we need.

the post index would look something like this

SHIPS IN SCALE FORUM

The black pearl 1:41 Zhl Attachment(s)

The black pearl ship model kits Attachment(s)

USS Constitution "Old Ironsides " 1:93 Scale Mamoli Attachment(s)

Xebec Le Requin 1:48 Attachment(s)

Pen Duick Build Log Attachment(s)

Deck planking shifts

Panart: San Felipe 1:75 Scale Build Log Attachment(s)

Posting Images via this forum Attachment(s)

MODEL SHIP BUILDER

Re: Endeavour building
Those are wales, not whales! :)They were actually thick band[more ...]
Posted by aew
30 Apr : 03:33

Re: Mamoli Santa Maria 1:50 mv 42
added planks to both sides of the hull of the santa maria.
Posted by ray111
30 Apr : 00:55

Re: Endeavour building
ok thanks will look in to it, I just wondered what those thr[more ...]
Posted by PeterH
29 Apr : 18:30

BOTTLED SHIP BUILDER

Pilot cutter Jolie Brise in a bottle - Scale 1/240
On going project
CharlieB posted a topic in General Ships In Bottles Discussion

Schooner AMERICA Scale ̴ 1/800
Bernard Kelly replied to IgorSky's topic in Build Logs

Sunken ship.

IgorSky replied to Bottled Squids's topic in General Ships In Bottles Discussion

donfarr

Post by donfarr » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:24 am

Hi Dave very informing discussion, on how to make the new site better, very excited about it, PLEASE READ YOU EMAIL, IMPORTANT QUESTION. DON
donfarr

Return to “Tutorals, How-To Videos, Features, Build Log List Index”