Posting Images via this forum

This forum discusses basic or advanced forum features, how-to's, and updates from the Admin. Note to new registrants: Web-Mail accounts like Gmail, Hotmail must obtain pre-approval. Contact register@shipsofscale.com to set up account. Ships of Scale always checks registrants email for legitimacy.

Moderator: admin

Donnie
Master Chief Petty Officer

Re: Posting Images via this forum

Post by Donnie » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:33 pm

Dave,
here is a quick tutorial I did on the fly. I hope this helps. The final product of what you are wanting can be seen here at this link.
http://shipsofscale.com/sosforums/viewt ... =34&t=1211

But, here are the steps to do this:
Attachments
attachfile01.jpg
attachfile01.jpg (65.18 KiB) Viewed 496 times
attachfile02.jpg
attachfile02.jpg (151.45 KiB) Viewed 496 times
attachfile03.jpg
attachfile03.jpg (61.91 KiB) Viewed 496 times
Current Build: Panart San Felipe 1:75
Completed Build: Santisima Trinidad

Main SOS Site: Ships of Scale Website

"War Ships are safe at harbor, but that is not what they were made for"

shipwright101
Petty Officer First Class

Post by shipwright101 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:15 pm

thanks I never connected what "in line" did
now I got it

Donnie

Post by Donnie » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:27 pm

The developers should have named that button to something else. I agree it is NOT self explanatory. If I could change it I would, but it is probably deep down in the code that I could never find.

Donnie
Current Build: Panart San Felipe 1:75
Completed Build: Santisima Trinidad

Main SOS Site: Ships of Scale Website

"War Ships are safe at harbor, but that is not what they were made for"

donfarr

Post by donfarr » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:26 am

To Daves and all very interesting discussion being a computer illeterate it is going to take me a while to understand what is being said, AND DAVE YOUR REMEMBERANCE OF THE BIBKE CONTINUES TO SUPRISE AND DELIGHT ME, PLEASE POST SOME ANTICIPATED PROJECTS ON THE NEW SITE, DO NOT WORRY ABOUT WHAT WILL SELL YOU WILL KNOW BY THE POSTS AND COMENTS, also are you in contact withe Wayne and Ro for your archives, (DOES YOUR FATHER NOT FEED THE BIRDS OF THE AIR, DOES HE NOT PROVIDE FOR THEM, ARE YOU NOT AS IMPORTANT AS THEY, DO NOT WORRY ABOUT WHAT YOU WILL WEAR OR EAT, FORGET TOMMORROWS TROUBLE FOR TODAY HOLDS ITS OWN) PARAPHRASE. DON

shipwright101

Post by shipwright101 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:00 am

The developers should have named that button to something else. I agree it is NOT self explanatory. If I could change it I would, but it is probably deep down in the code that I could never find.

no need to change it because once you know what it does your all set. You can see how I now format the planking topic by placing images "in line" dah I get it.

GemmaJF

Post by GemmaJF » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:38 am

It took me a while to grasp that one.

Have to say though once I got how to format the posts phpBB is a really good board for build logs. I use to find it a bit of a bind on a lot of model forums, uploading all the images and typing all the text bits in-between, but I quite look forward to doing updates on SOS as I find it just flows easily.
Current Build: ZHL Black Pearl 1:50

Next Up: Billing Boats Bounty 1:50

Researching for POB scratch build : HMS Ferret 1:48 (1711)

Projects: Arduino Lighting Project

shipwright101

Post by shipwright101 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:50 am

To Daves and all very interesting discussion being a computer illiterate it is going to take me a while to understand what is being said,

" illiterate " is actually a relative term heck I ask my heart doctor what's up with this hernia and he just shrugs his shoulders and says "I don't know" if I ask the doctor who fixed the hernia about my heart I get the same "I don't know about that" This is kind of like computer knowledge. I know nothing about web building but schooled in Photoshop, auto cad and various 3D programs. This is why I depend on guys like Donnie and Winston and Author to create "the place" for me to put stuff.

and your remembrance of the bible continues to surprise and delight me

my daughter a PHD in child development and education will argue remembering things is NOT a workable knowledge, it is just remembering something, I do have an exceptional memory and that's about it. I have a store house of data from UFOs to world religions to the paranormal and beyond. I sure do not understand how it works or how to use the information, sometimes to much data and thing begin to muddy up and contradict each other.

PLEASE POST SOME ANTICIPATED PROJECTS ON THE NEW SITE,

I do have some project ideas like a data base of ship plans for the American first rate ships with sets of bulkheads for the hulls. I would need Wayne and Ro for the historical archives on these ships.

another project on the drawing board is the Princess Charlotte built on the Great Lakes during the war of 1812. This heavy armed frigate was at the time state of the art for speed and fire power, she was a one of a kind ship built for war.

I will finish up the General Hunter

the tug boat Alva is in the works

planking article in the works

article on building a Harold Hahn ship

All in all there is no shortage of project ideas, what is in short supply it time.

(DOES YOUR FATHER NOT FEED THE BIRDS OF THE AIR, DOES HE NOT PROVIDE FOR THEM, ARE YOU NOT AS IMPORTANT AS THEY, DO NOT WORRY ABOUT WHAT YOU WILL WEAR OR EAT, FORGET TOMMORROWS TROUBLE FOR TODAY HOLDS ITS OWN) PARAPHRASE. DON

and that is where hard facts and science slowly fade into the area of faith and I have little faith in faith. I got to see it, prove it, touch it and understand how it works.

DO NOT WORRY ABOUT WHAT WILL SELL YOU WILL KNOW BY THE POSTS AND COMENTS

I find it kind of a useless waste of time if there is no interest in a subject or project. So actually it does have "to sell" not so much to profit from it but more to justify the time and effort.

shipwright101

Post by shipwright101 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:00 pm

Have to say though once I got how to format the posts phpBB is a really good board for build logs. I use to find it a bit of a bind on a lot of model forums, uploading all the images and typing all the text bits in-between, but I quite look forward to doing updates on SOS as I find it just flows easily.

to me there is a "thing" about the format and flow of an article or build log. Another thought is about creating articles or topics in a forum or as a PDF file posted on the Navy board site. I think in time, articles will get buried and lost on a forum and new comers will never know they are there. if articles are listed in an index of articles it is there up front all the time.

donfarr

Post by donfarr » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:25 pm

What I was talking about Dave on the sales is not so much as the building or designing, but comments on your project posts, a little history of the project etc, with the new site, SOS, MSB and new members on coments to these could give you an idea of what is out there(NO MONEY INVOLVED ONLY SOME TIME) like right now I noticed that sections are of interests, you could check companies like ZHL, Dusek Maristella Master Korbel etc and see there new project listings they must do a lot of reasearch to determine what people want, I find from my end as an intermediate modeler, I may at certain time not know what I want as a new build( just me I like for interesting new subjects, how the construction is done, TIME INVOLVED IN BUILDING, dificulty of the build and most important HELP NEEDED WHEN I AM STUCK0 just my opion. one thing you mentioned quite some time ago is some one to follow up on building logs that are delayed and abonded to find out reason and come up with someone to help maybe keep novices involved and interested, another source of information is ebay and what is selling there, all this just my thoughts, like me YOUR BRAIN NEVER STOPS ALWAYS THINKING, ME TOO. All this just my opions........ PS your topic on planking interests me a whole lot, are you going to touch on the use of battens and prportinal dividers, AND ONE OTHER THING KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT WITH drs, I ask one about my type 2 diabetes(do not know that) ask the other about my heart, same reply DO NOT KNOW THAT) have 3 or 4 drs going lost count

GemmaJF

Post by GemmaJF » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:24 pm

shipwright101 wrote:Have to say though once I got how to format the posts phpBB is a really good board for build logs. I use to find it a bit of a bind on a lot of model forums, uploading all the images and typing all the text bits in-between, but I quite look forward to doing updates on SOS as I find it just flows easily.

to me there is a "thing" about the format and flow of an article or build log. Another thought is about creating articles or topics in a forum or as a PDF file posted on the Navy board site. I think in time, articles will get buried and lost on a forum and new comers will never know they are there. if articles are listed in an index of articles it is there up front all the time.
What I quite often do Dave is post things up on a forum, see if it generates discussion then consider a PDF based on the results adding any extra content that gets generated and answering any questions that came up. Things do get lost that are posted on a forum, sometimes people just pass over and do not even think of it again on a forum, it drops off the board into oblivion. So yes I think we need to get some PDF articles on topics put together.

If there is a call for it I can PDF the Arduino Lighting Project and the Photoshop before CAD bit of the Ferret build easily enough.

PS my dentist knows more about most medical things than my Doctors, go figure that!
Current Build: ZHL Black Pearl 1:50

Next Up: Billing Boats Bounty 1:50

Researching for POB scratch build : HMS Ferret 1:48 (1711)

Projects: Arduino Lighting Project

Return to “General Board/Forum Features, Regulations, etc.”