“Golden Hind” from the plan shipyard warped with wood

Hello, everyone. I am just aboard. I am very interesting in "Golden Hind". So I decided to build a ship model.
The original plan was using the drawing from shipyard with paper. As the project going, after buying some wood board, I started to following my mind, building it at my will.
So here is the build log I shared, :).
At the beginning, the keel was assembled by paper cards.
第1步(1).png第2步.png
Holding with the assembled keel, I think the paper made ship is not what I want. So I use wood board for the rest of the model.
7.jpg
The I cut some wood strips for the side of ship. As a beginner, I really do not know how to make it right, but I do know it is really ugly and hard to finish.
After a night full of searching and rethinking the manufacture method of the model, I have got a new idea.
9.jpg10.jpg
A mold of has been made to build the ship's side for the manufacture reference of the last part of sides. I use my wife hair dryer to heat the wood for bending it.
With the new method, my ship looks better now, hahaha:D.
df0399a6086046b759b394984dc0917.jpg
The following work is much more smooth then the beginning.
14.jpg15.png

18.png19.png20.png
This is the building log of my ship model, I will finished in this year :) :) :) .
I am not a English speaker, so if there is any description wrong, please help me to correct it. :)

It will be very interresting to follow your log of your Golden Hind - Many Thanks for sharing with us

Back