“La Jacinthe” Schooner France -1:42 scale [COMPLETED BUILD]

Sails.
No matter how much you study the experience of the Masters, you still make your own mistakes.
I tried to dye the fabric in a folk way, in the broth of onion peel. I liked the color, but problems began later, when gluing. Thre was an unexpected reaction of the colored fabric and the glue MOMENT Carpenter. So the first set of fabric went to the bin.
:(

My greetings, dear colleagues,
I Submit for Your judgement anchors.
I never did the casting, and after talking to my colleagues I realized that in order to obtain the desired result, among other things you need to get some practice
,through a system of trial and error for which time is needed.
Therefore, after weighing everything, I decided to just cut the anchors, for the lack of brass, I used 3mm iron sheet. I had to make 4 pieces, taking my time I spent days on it. I used a cutting wheel, files, broaching file, a drill, of course, and
the final stage a micro-drill.

Wow - this is a real huge work you invest for the stock-anchors.
But already this shown status is looking very good.....
There still a longer way to finalize them: reducing the thickness of the arms (if necessary), preparation and installation of flukes etc. - I am looking forward to see the next steps

Edited:
I started to write and in the same time you showed already the result:
Great work my friend - amazing good result

Талантливый человек - талантлив во всём! На мой взгляд, это пример того что могут руки и желание. Изготавливать из 3мм металла я бы наверно не рискнул... Но результат твоей работы говорит сам за себя! Мастерски выполненная работа. Саша, огромное спасибо тебе, дружище, за то что учишь нас работать руками. Браво. Thumbs-Up

A talented person - talented in everything! In my opinion, this is an example of what hands and desire can do. I probably wouldn't risk making from 3mm metal ... but the result of your accomplishment speaks for itself! Masterfully completed work. Sasha (Aleksandr), thank you so much, buddy, for teaching us to work with the hands and brain. Bravo! First Place Metal

Талантливый человек - талантлив во всём! На мой взгляд, это пример того что могут руки и желание. Изготавливать из 3мм металла я бы наверно не рискнул... Но результат твоей работы говорит сам за себя! Мастерски выполненная работа. Саша, огромное спасибо тебе, дружище, за то что учишь нас работать руками. Браво. Thumbs-Up

A talented person - talented in everything! In my opinion, this is an example of what hands and desire can do. I probably wouldn't risk making from 3mm metal ... but the result of your accomplishment speaks for itself! Masterfully completed work. Sasha (Aleksandr), thank you so much, buddy, for teaching us to work with the hands and brain. Bravo! First Place Metal

Thank you, my dear friend Jim,
I have already mentioned that i have always felt respect for the modelists who share their experience and knowledge, this is a help for the begginer - modelists in the work. And I have made it a rule for myself. I would be very glad if my experience could be of any help and use to someone in his work. I'm always happy to help,
My best regards.

Thank you, my dear friend Jim,
I have already mentioned that i have always felt respect for the modelists who share their experience and knowledge, this is a help for the begginer - modelists in the work. And I have made it a rule for myself. I would be very glad if my experience could be of any help and use to someone in his work. I'm always happy to help,
My best regards.
Many Thanks for this statement and much more Thanks for your attitude !
With the help of modelers like you, a forum like ours makes sense - and also our work as Mods and Admins
Many Many thanks for sharing with us your experience and knowledge...... Thumbs-Up Thumbs-Up Thumbs-Up

It’s ready for the blackening.
As I have made the anchors from steel, I used a weapon paste for blackening in order to restitute blueing

View attachment 102164View attachment 102165View attachment 102166View attachment 102167View attachment 102168
Off course I have another question to you.....
Most of us are using for blackening (brass) some chemical fluids - maybe you can explain more in detail, how this paste is working....consistence, duration etc.
Because the appearance of your anchors "after" is excellent

I think, that this is this "Kaltbrüniersystem"

I finally I have to state, that the result with the installed anchors is looking very good - Very well done :cool:

Greetings, dear Uwe.
Yes, you are right, its this substance. The instruction on the use is written on the package
To dilute the right amount of paste, I used
water in order to bring the concentrate to a thick cream. Then I
just covered the part, waited a while, and washed the paste off with water and dry it.

Back