“La Jacinthe” Schooner France -1:42 scale [COMPLETED BUILD]

I would like to present my attempts in making cap rail taffrail.
I waited a long time to approach it, finding the right technology, finally setting for the plank bending with further refining.
To start, I had to prepare a pattern, and as I had to bend the lath with a big margin(the original size 1,5:22 mm), I had to make reinforced fixators.
I have made two samples, refining them while adjusting them in place.

I used plastic film for calking. I used this method when i was building "Carolina". All that one needs for this can be found in any stationary shop.
Plastic bag for paper (they can be found in different colors and thickness) and two sides adhesive duct tape. I
use the balck side of the plastic bag. I put the duct tape on plastic fim and cut it in stripes according to the thickness of the batten,
it can be made with a small margin, then I separate
protective paper from the strip and stick on the end of the batten, the allowances are cut off with the knife, - it's cutting off nicely.
Here are several photos, maybe they can be of use to somebody. If you have any questions - it would be my pleasure to help.

View attachment 80360

View attachment 80361

View attachment 80362

View attachment 80363

View attachment 80365

View attachment 80366
Got a sheet of some sort of card, odd stuff, couldn't tell if it was paper or plastic! It works however. Had a quick test run, perfect. Now decking the cutter Diligence at 1:44 so scales beautifully. I am forever in your debt sir.

Sorry for the off the topic Aleksandr @Kortes

@Bob Ellis if you have not started your build log of cutter Diligence at 1:44 scale, may we ask you to do so? We all would love to see the caulking in your model. We may have some questions for you...
Also @Bob Ellis knows a lot of stuff about ship building,everybody could learn some from him

My dear colleagues, thank you very much for those kind words and attention to my work. I' m very glad that some of techniques were interesting to you. If you have any questions i'd be glad to help. Because our forums exist so wwe could help and learn from each other.
My best regards

Nice work! What's your bunny's name?:D. Alex B.

My geetings, dear Alex.
When the bunny was young we called him Busik, when he grew up and accidentally broke his leg, after he got treatment and was feeling good again, I called him Silver, taking into consideration his wound and his brave character. To our great sadness, these little friend dont live very long, and he passed away more than a year ago, my loyal friend isnt with me anymore, La Jacinthe he and I finished building together,but I ll have to finish building Sperwer alone.

Back