“La Jacinthe” Schooner France -1:42 scale [COMPLETED BUILD]

Sorry for the off the topic Aleksandr @Kortes

@Bob Ellis if you have not started your build log of cutter Diligence at 1:44 scale, may we ask you to do so? We all would love to see the caulking in your model. We may have some questions for you...
Hi Jim. I haven't written a detailed log but will post some photos at progressive stages. It's a build I started two years ago but got sidetracked by a woodworking job so I'm trying to balance the build with painting commissions. Retirement is a lot busier than a full time job!

While the hull is drying, I decided to coat the deck with tung-oil. What can I say - the tung-oil is thicker than the oilseed oil. I richly coated the deck, the absorptivity is nice. My expectations that the deck would have lighter color weren’t fulfilled, but the aging effect was quite nice. I coated it in one layer, i think i’ll leave it at that, but it would be seen after polishing. 842878428884289

Wow Aleksandr,your work is nothing short of exemplary.May I ask,what tool do you scribe the planking joints with after laying?I know Dimitry Shevelev actually leaves a small gap for his finish to lay into,but your hull planking looks like it is tight together.

Kind Regards

Nigel

Back