“La Jacinthe” Schooner France -1:42 scale [COMPLETED BUILD]

Jack-pins.
I found the technology of making jack-pins in the report of Uriy Kimborovich (bim), that he used for his schooner “Izmail”, for what I’m very grateful to him. I made a simple device out of the materials I had.
Material - pear tree. Firstly I prepared the bars of the desired diameter, and so as not to waste too much material (for the support fixture in the collet) I was carving from a long rod, as the length of the coordinate table would allow me.

They are really looking good - Great to see, that such work is possible also without an expensive lathe - Many thanks for showing us your jig and the method you are producing them - very good result

Fabulous work !I think the carvings look better in Pear than they would have done in boxwood simply because there aren't many so boxwood may have looked odd.The colours and tones of the wood look amazing especially in the sunshine.

Kind Regards

Nigel

Thumbs-Up
Both versions of the Galley Stove are looking good - but you are right, the revised version has more sharp edges on top, so it is looking more authentic.
Great details
And I fully underline the words by Nigel !!

Back