“La Jacinthe” Schooner France -1:42 scale [COMPLETED BUILD]

After a very constructive critics regarding the direction of the winding, I spent 2 days on the making new ropes with the right winding. Alexander (Beliy) has explained really well the difference and the reasons for the established tradition, I quote:
The rope of cabling winding is inweaved out of 3 ordinary ropes, and if those ropes are laid in a clockwise direction, than the rope of cabling can be made ONLY counter clock wise.

The standard of winding was created for a reason, the ropes of two windings cannot be laced together, because they will unwind each other, and the the ropes winded counter clock wise dont hold the knots. That is the reason the running rigging is clock wise, and vangs, jackstays, anchor cable - counter clock wise.
While I was winding the anchoring cable I clearly verified this rule - if winding is made in the wrong direction the component ropes will simply unwind.

Much to my regret I had to redo all the rigging, which was already installed, except for jackstay of foremast , which, as it turned out ,had the right winding on. I put a bit of tone on the turnbuckles of the shrouds, although to my point of view they looked better before. I won’t post many photos, as nothing had changed except for the winding on of the cable.

Much to my regret I had to redo all the rigging, which was already installed, except for jackstay of foremast , which, as it turned out ,had the right winding on. I put a bit of tone on the turnbuckles of the shrouds, although to my point of view they looked better before. I won’t post many photos, as nothing had changed except for the winding on of the cable.

View attachment 96546View attachment 96547
Can it be, that you are a perfectionist ? I compared the old and new photos - and I am not able to find really a difference o_O
But I am sure, you know it well - As mentioned before - I am in love with your model - and hope to see your work once in real

Back