“tica” Represents Antarctica

Much obliged to SoS and its outstanding members… I’d like to start by saying that I enjoy modeling, since I was a kid and as an adult I’ve replicated airplanes and boats from scratch. Then I would gift the “model” to the person or who… either piloted/served on that vessel or aircraft.

My life was comprised of a lot of things but for sake of the SoS community, I will focus on these highlights: FV/ships/sailboats/motorboats/rowing and pedal boats … then in a blink of an eye (c.2009), new norms were implemented and I was forced to avoid all activities on the sea as well as all water bodies including rivers, lakes, pools & baths :) — lol… I kid you not!

Anyhoot, in re: SOS members profile data, I believe that folks can see my Bday? If people are PRIVVY to my DOB… know that
I CLOAKED the date heheheheh… apologies buh, buh BUT … I lied … as I am much, much older — which my Grandkids can attest to.

The “LVAD” in my username is why I must avoid water… however, when all “coasts are clear” , rest assure, my sea legs are always “on call“ as I’m still trying to get on a tugboat and pilot her.

The ”tica” in my username, represents Antartica…

Again, I thank all for this community,

~Josh

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Since 2019, I’ve been creating a full scale (NOT SEAWORTHY) of the adapted “J. Caird” via Worley/Shackleton; my grandkds were assisting and were to launch it outdoors to the grassy entrance of our property. It would have been finished in ’20, using pine/plywood… however, I and the world was distracted with COVID/PANDEMIC and other things.

In 2020-21 we did amuse ourselves as we grabbed and aligned branches/sticks/twigs & twine and created a “macramé ” of sorts of a FULL SCALE of the J Caird and left it on our property. Believe me… it would float and not lopsided LOL as a ghost ship of sorts, we do envision/plan to launch it from the shore… watching her enter the Atlantic.

BTW we will christen ALL (that’s for another dispatch/post) our boat-projects as the “Emily Shackleton”… in honor of Ernest’s wife.

Sounds like you have a Heartmate keeping you going. It is great to hear you are still active and building boats, especially as you gift them to others. You are very welcome here on SoS.
then in a blink of an eye (c.2009), new norms were implemented and I was forced to avoid all activities on the sea as well as all water bodies including rivers, lakes, pools & baths :) — lol

Sounds like you have a Heartmate keeping you going. It is great to hear you are still active and building boats, especially as you gift them to others. You are very welcome here on SoS.
CC… YES the Heartmate II… I’ve had 3 (2 were faulty ) since 2009 but back then it was only for “road to transplant“ as we where and really now “test pilots”. I fought the system (hospitals and the FDA) back then as I wanted my LVAD and NOT a transplant. In ‘17 I had a chance to have a heartmate III which doesn’t have an impeller, as the impeller tends to pop clots and hence strokes and the III is magnetic. However I believe “if it isnt broken don’t fix it so I opted for the HM II again with my 3rd as in ‘17 my 2nd LVAD was faulty.

Back