HMS ALERT 1777 Trident model by HongBin

Many thanks for this update - and you are showing us great ideas and solutions, which help a lot of modelers to solve some typical problems.
1) small jig to mark the height of gunports etc.
8.jpg
This is great !!!!!

2) this small sander
20.jpg
wonderful idea - simple but very good

HongBin's handrails made of ebony are only a test of our materials, not the materials provided in KIT, which provides cherry wood. The handrail is a difficult link in the whole production process. Because each production error is different, it is necessary to grind the handrail holes according to the actual situation.

4.png5.png6.jpg

It' amazing how You managed to fit the handrail over all those toptimbers o_O
Nice model and surely a nice kit to have. Hope I can get one when the first batch is released :cool:

It' amazing how You managed to fit the handrail over all those toptimbers o_O
Nice model and surely a nice kit to have. Hope I can get one when the first batch is released :cool:
Yes, you are right and I was also wondering from the beginning, but I have the feeling, that the developer is keeping this under control
-> first of all it will be necessary that the frames are fitting very well, means the frame by itself - but this seems to be all covered by the temporary jigs Trident delvers with the kit.
The handrail consists our of seven elements on each side, so smaller adjustments are possible (and maybe necessary)
the board with the handrail elements
IMG_5738aa.jpg
and the sketch in the manual to make the construction of the handrail clear
handrail.jpg

A short question to Trident Model, if I can .... how can I order the kit? Thx for an answer. By the way, great work!

Back