1:1 dinghy plans

I've suddenly got it into my head to build a REAL boat!
I've been drooling over small sailing dinghy's; the one that impressed me is called a 'Tenderly', though I'm only throwing that into the boiling pot to illustrate the kind of boat I'm interested in.
Its occurred to me, there must be folk out there who have done just this and still have the plans (a table of offsets would do at a pinch).
I'd be interested to hear from anyone who may be of help with this.
From a practical point, it would be convenient to keep this within the UK.
Hope you all had a comfortable holiday.......let's see what the New Year dumps on us. A bit of joy would be nice.

Attached are some small boat plans that might be of interest.
Enjoy and share as you like.
Steven

Attachments

• 14 Ft. Skiff_ Parts 1 & 2 combined.pdf
    155 KB · Views: 68
  • 9ft Rowing-sailing Boat Design.doc
    128 KB · Views: 46
  • Building Marthas Tender_Pt-1-3.pdf
    3 MB · Views: 51
  • Popular 12ft Row-Boat.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 40
A lot of water has past under my posting. I did an immense amount of research (bought a load of books) and was about to make a start, when I decided to look up regulations for using a boat in the UK. Just in the nick of time I found everything from a paddle board upwards becomes a quagmire of rules, regulations, registration and insurance issues. It hit me hard to realise it would involve the cost of running a small car! So much for 'Swallows and Amazons' dreaming. Sadly I abandoned the whole idea; disillusioned.

I've suddenly got it into my head to build a REAL boat!
I've been drooling over small sailing dinghy's; the one that impressed me is called a 'Tenderly', though I'm only throwing that into the boiling pot to illustrate the kind of boat I'm interested in.
Its occurred to me, there must be folk out there who have done just this and still have the plans (a table of offsets would do at a pinch).
I'd be interested to hear from anyone who may be of help with this.
From a practical point, it would be convenient to keep this within the UK.
Hope you all had a comfortable holiday.......let's see what the New Year dumps on us. A bit of joy would be nice.
Hallo @pugwash
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back