1/200 Titanic New Build in NJ

This is a Christmas gift for my husband, but we will be building the Titanic together. I’m expecting the kit before Christmas and have also ordered:
KA upgrade kit DX Pack (KA Models)
Plastic Hull Bracing (EBay)
Running Gear MFA 950D Series (EBay)
Scalecolors Paint Kit SC998 Full Set (Scalecolors)
Kirkas LED Magnifying Lamp, 3 color, 2200 lumen, 2.25x (Amazon)

Evan Designs has a nice foghorn, but will wait until I know what LED and power we need and place an order then.

We’re not first time modelers but have never attempted anything of this scale. Any advice on what works well, mistakes you have made and photos of your work are appreciated!

This is a Christmas gift for my husband, but we will be building the Titanic together. I’m expecting the kit before Christmas and have also ordered:

Evan Designs has a nice foghorn, but will wait until I know what LED and power we need and place an order then.

We’re not first time modelers but have never attempted anything of this scale. Any advice on what works well, mistakes you have made and photos of your work are appreciated!
I take it you have brought the trumpeter kit as I have just started on mine so far I have found out that it's a lot of painting first but I found out there are a lacks of rigging plans but some kind soul found this for me I hope it helps
Here's some pictures of my progress. IMG_20211217_134653.jpgIMG_20211217_134659.jpgIMG_20211217_134705.jpgIMG_20211218_131928.jpgIMG_20211218_134916.jpgIMG_20211219_134824.jpgIMG_20211219_134846.jpg

Nice! I see you have at least one furry helper. We have 5. Will see how that goes… Thanks for the link on rigging, should come in handy

Hello, and welcome.

I got my 1/200 Titanic for Christmas last year, a gift from the entire family, and made a start on it around July. She's a big project and actual work has kept me from getting too much done so far, but I'm slowly making progress.

Good luck with your build. Please feel free to check out my Build Log, and I look forward to seeing yours. :)

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum
This is really a nice common project - very helpful to get hints and tipps, as well answers on your questions would be when you start a building log

Welcome aboard! Looks like you have a nice project to be working on. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Back