1:350 Titanic Wooden Decks

Hello. I'm getting back into model building and trying my hand at a Minicraft 1:350 Titanic. I'd like to incorporate all of the realistic "improvements" from Rivet Counter etc., and I'm wondering about adding wooden decks over the plastic, what type of glue to use? Will the decks eventually warp or the wood parts lift up at all? Any help is greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

Hello. I'm getting back into model building and trying my hand at a Minicraft 1:350 Titanic. I'd like to incorporate all of the realistic "improvements" from Rivet Counter etc., and I'm wondering about adding wooden decks over the plastic, what type of glue to use? Will the decks eventually warp or the wood parts lift up at all? Any help is greatly appreciated. Many thanks.
Hi there,
I use a white glue to ensure the decks remain attached and don't peel up or warp.

Take a look at the Midwest Model Shop on YouTube. They have a detailed 1/200 build of Titanic, but their video 5 provides a great tutorial on how to attach wooden decks, and I used their guide on my model. Hope this helps.

Good luck with your build.

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Thanks all for the welcome. The video helped with gluing. Now I wonder if I need to sand the decks smooth or not before gluing. I've heard of it both ways, but mainly sand smooth if applying Bruce Beveridge's decals to simulate wood planking. I'd rather go for the actual wood myself.

Hallo @Mulberry
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back