1:48 Le Coureur 1776 by CAF. Cure? How Do You Do?

Dear fellow builders,
I’m stuck at this hurdle and if you have planked this ship, I hope you can guide me please before I lose my mojo, so to speak.
Do any of you recall what you did with the planks at the bow?
The bow has this nice curve given by the kit part (red curve) the laser cut planking parts draws a different curve (blue curve)
Do you recall if you had to modify the pieces 24a and 25a?
I don’t understand why they don’t fit the curve. I realize 24a should be on top of 25a I am just really confused.
If I modify 25a to fit the red curve it gets too short to fit the joint with the board behind it.
I really hope someone can help me out, I really feel dumb since no one had this problem as far as I can see. However I see that two of my inspiring fellow builders didn’t continue their log from this point on in the build, if I’m not mistaken.

Am I mistaken? What am I doing wrong? I hope I at least can give you a good laugh at my expense.

24a 25a 3.jpg

No these are parts of the outer planking, some of the first rows of clinker planking.
I couldn’t wrap my head around the problem. Our honored Administrator Uwek cleared my mind with his kind reply in his log “LE COUREUR - french Lugger 1776 - POF kit from CAF in 1:48 by Uwe” Now I can continue my build with peace of mind. . These logs have guided me through the shoals again.
Thank you.

Back