1/570 scale letters

I’m looking for decals of alphabet letters that will fit the 1/570 scale Revell kit of the Queen Mary. I‘d like to convert it to the Poseidon from the disaster movie of the 70’s. Anyone have any links or ideas to find this?

Attachments

• 24C3B4C9-26F8-476D-AF6C-2F4BF79F6804.jpeg
    24C3B4C9-26F8-476D-AF6C-2F4BF79F6804.jpeg
    68.6 KB · Views: 4
Old Chartpak letters, or there are model railroad letter sheets. The descriptions never give the physical size, so you are better off going to a model railroad store near you.

What would be the height of letters? You might have somebody to cut them with laser of thin plywood, laserboard, styrene sheet or similar. Or perhaps etch from thin brass sheet.

I've seen some brass letter too. The railroad decals can be had as dry transfer or waterslide, the out of production Chartpak are dry transfer. What height do you need? I may have some that you can have.

1/570 scale equivalent to the Queen Mary letters, I would say 1/16th inch tall?

I have some gothic block letters in black about that size, and some slightly smaller for the home port- about .10 inch, .077 inch and .05 inch high. A little bit bolder than the POSEIDON picture. These are waterslide and will have to be cut apart before dipping. Tweezers and a pin make them relatively easy to position. PM me your shipping address and I'll stick them in an envelope and mail them to you.

I have some gothic block letters in black about that size, and some slightly smaller for the home port- about .10 inch, .077 inch and .05 inch high. A little bit bolder than the POSEIDON picture. These are waterslide and will have to be cut apart before dipping. Tweezers and a pin make them relatively easy to position. PM me your shipping address and I'll stick them in an envelope and mail them to you.
Just recieved the decals. Thank you very much.

I worked as a graphic artist for many years. No doubt things have changed, but we used to rely on Letraset products (dry transfer letters and symbols). Perhaps these things are now obsolete, but most users would preserve their stocks carefully due to their expense.
I still have quite a few sheets, which are still perfectly usable 35 years later.
It shouldn't be difficult to establish the height of letters you need; a decent font would be 'Univers' or Gill Sans.
Architectural modelers probably still use the stuff.

I worked as a graphic artist for many years. No doubt things have changed, but we used to rely on Letraset products (dry transfer letters and symbols). Perhaps these things are now obsolete, but most users would preserve their stocks carefully due to their expense.
I still have quite a few sheets, which are still perfectly usable 35 years later.
It shouldn't be difficult to establish the height of letters you need; a decent font would be 'Univers' or Gill Sans.
Architectural modelers probably still use the stuff.
I know I’m ‘behind the times’ with technology, such as printing my own decals, mostly because I do not know how. And I’ve purchased some aftermarket decals that were unsatisfactory for a variety of reasons. So I appreciate the Microscale line and other professional decal makers that whenever I receive a kit or decals, the first thing I do is put them in a ziplock bag to keep them airtight.

I suspect that aligning Letraset dry transfer letters at that small scale would be very, very difficult. Decal sheets would give the best results and are no more difficult to use than normal printing paper on your Cannon or HP inkjet printer. And certainly if you are to apply those letters on a white background!

JPC, you are quite correct; using letraset is an acquired skill.

Here's a technique I've used successfully and haven't seen used here before:-
Take some 'gum strip' and tape it down with the glue side up.
Then using letraset or even just some enamel paint. draw whatever you want, using whatever colours you choose to create whatever design/image you want.
When it's dry give the area you want several coats of clear enamel.
Once that's dry, cut your image out with a scalpel or scissors.
BOOM! You just created your very own water-slide decal!

I’m looking for decals of alphabet letters that will fit the 1/570 scale Revell kit of the Queen Mary. I‘d like to convert it to the Poseidon from the disaster movie of the 70’s. Anyone have any links or ideas to find this?
Dear @ravila
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back