1:600 Mauretania, with added PE details...

Hello! A couple of questions...Was it difficult for you to work with the photo-etched parts of the railings?
Did you use cyano to glue them?
I have this same kit and also the Queen Mary from Rewell. I'm looking at other Ocean Liners on eBay but between the cost and shipping they are very expensive.

Cheers ;)

View attachment 457429
You can use the Tom's Modelworks 1:600 railings... they work well, but you need sharp eyes! Heads up that the Queen Mary model has railings that will need to be cut away if you want to have detail railings (they put plastic ridged railings into the mold)... as for glue, I usually just use the same model glue as I do for the rest of the model.

I decided to build Mauretania with as much added detail as my eyes could handle, with extra PE railings etc. and added in posts along both sides of the superstructure (since the model did not have any), and upgraded as much as I could here and there... she turned out OK I think... now to build her alter-ego as the hospital ship, so they can be housed together in one showcase...

View attachment 377999

View attachment 378000

View attachment 378001

View attachment 378002

View attachment 378003
She's a beauty !

Wow that is very cool!!! Looks like it would still work. Did they keep that on board after the war to keep all the bratty kids in line if they played up on deck...?

Those cases look good too. Just a pity postage/shipping costs so much from the States these days.
Hallo @Kiwi
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back