1/700 IJN Akagi building log

Hi all, greetings from Tasmania.
I am new to this forum and here is my first ongoing build.
I ve wanted to build the Akagi for a long time. Kit is from Hasegawa 1/700, purchased prob 3yrs ago, I got little time to build it since then. Now I m having a holiday so decided to finish this project.
I have added in a hanger interior kit from Rainbow models, a detail kit from Hasegawa, wooden decks from shipyard, and a spare bridge from AKA works.
During the build I found out I under estimated the etching parts, had glue all over the places, and there are small parts missing here and there, at some stage I was about to give up searching for recoshet parts on carpet whilst my cat is trying to distract the work.
My plan is to make 2 decks with a see through option, minimal research on what the real thing was and keep it a quik build before holiday finishes. Now I m half way there.
Thanks for watching!
IMG_6316.JPG
IMG_5814.jpgIMG_5816.jpgIMG_6003.jpgIMG_6005.jpgIMG_5186.jpeg.jpgetching parts really can drive one mad._DSC0775.JPGIMG_6359.JPGIMG_6316.JPGIMG_6363.JPG

I really hate people who treat 700 like 200---------not really, I admire your skill level. The work on the girders is amazing
Thanks for sharing.
Enjoy

'Hate' is one of the words we don't use it here against people, even if they treat 1:700 like a 1:200 scale. (just saying) ;)
Sir:
It appears that you are not taking my whole comment in context. I was obviously being a bit sarcastic which is pointed out immediately after I mentioned my dislike of 700 builders. My comment also states that I admire the gentleman's skill level and his work on the girders.
I propose the complete comment should have been taken under review rather than one word.
I'm not sure what "just saying" means in this case.

Sir:
It appears that you are not taking my whole comment in context. I was obviously being a bit sarcastic which is pointed out immediately after I mentioned my dislike of 700 builders. My comment also states that I admire the gentleman's skill level and his work on the girders.
I propose the complete comment should have been taken under review rather than one word.
I'm not sure what "just saying" means in this case.
In any context, the word 'hate' shouldn't be used for people. Hope you understand what I mean.

Hi all, greetings from Tasmania.
I am new to this forum and here is my first ongoing build.
I ve wanted to build the Akagi for a long time. Kit is from Hasegawa 1/700, purchased prob 3yrs ago, I got little time to build it since then. Now I m having a holiday so decided to finish this project.
I have added in a hanger interior kit from Rainbow models, a detail kit from Hasegawa, wooden decks from shipyard, and a spare bridge from AKA works.
During the build I found out I under estimated the etching parts, had glue all over the places, and there are small parts missing here and there, at some stage I was about to give up searching for recoshet parts on carpet whilst my cat is trying to distract the work.
My plan is to make 2 decks with a see through option, minimal research on what the real thing was and keep it a quik build before holiday finishes. Now I m half way there.
Thanks for watching!
View attachment 342088
View attachment 342079View attachment 342080View attachment 342081View attachment 342082View attachment 342083etching parts really can drive one mad.View attachment 342084View attachment 342085View attachment 342086View attachment 342087
Great work Nathan,
Wow that's a lot of PE.

Cheers,
Stephen.

Thanks for all the replies guys.
New parts finally arrived, however due to wet days affecting the compressor puking water little progress achieved.
Resin binoculars and twin 25mm from a friend are great, saves time and presents better details and shape than PE parts.
I am now in a struggle on choosing mask spraying the markings on flight deck or simply go decal for a quick result....1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Back