$10 Chinese Made Fishing Boat Kit, With a Few Mods

I bought this off eBay just to see what it was like. It was just under $10 delivered, but it took weeks to make it to Michigan from China. As I expected, the kit lacked a LOT, but because I had a lot of scraps lying around, I thought I would jazz it up a bit. Out of the box it makes a nice blank canvas, but not a good kit by a long shot. I added the engine and engine compartment. Makes a nice little display now.
001.jpg002.jpg003.jpg004.jpg005.jpg006.jpg007.jpg008.jpg009.jpg010.jpg011.jpg012.jpg013.jpg014.jpg

Last edited:

I like that little kit! The laser cut detail parts are too chunky and should be replaced, but it's a well engineered kit. The "Green Eyebrow" junk kit is in the same price range, but smaller and more fiddly to put together. The 20 USD Dutch Yacht is also vastly improved by upgrading the fittings but a solid base to start with.

Donnie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

I like this little kit as I think it is a nice one to build in between other larger projects. It also is a great introductory kit too. It leaves enough room for the builder to use his or her imagination for scratch building other parts if wants to.