1669 Soleil Royal - ZHL [COMPLETED BUILD]

Check this out, Vic. It is clearly showing knee bolting to the bowsprit. You can do it on your model as well. Also, the deadeyes are stroping by mean of a metal chainplates around the bowsprit. Why would it fall off?

View attachment 263258
So what I did in order to strengthen the joint between parts 1 and 7 was add a biscuit joint between 1 and 7. The joint was made with a milling machine and the biscuit part was cut from a piece of a cannon door.

Hello
I realized that I did not include any training tackle for the cannons on the main deck.
I have corrected this for 6 of the cannons that can easily be reached.
See below without the small boats and with the small boats back in place.

20211022_174117.jpg

20211022_174136.jpg

20211022_174343.jpg
Question for you guys: should training tackle also be included for the cannons on the quarter deck and poop deck?
Let me know your opinion

Thanks

Hello
I realized that I did not include any training tackle for the cannons on the main deck.

View attachment 264328

View attachment 264329

View attachment 264330
Question for you guys: should training tackle also be included for the cannons on the quarter deck and poop deck?
Let me know your opinion

Thanks
The inhaul gun tackle(s) was / were only installed with hooks when the ship was prepared Ready for Action - during normal sailing they were dismantled…..

I have already written before that models are usually made with extended guns. So the ship is ready for battle. So you need to show all the gun hoists.

I have already written before that models are usually made with extended guns. So the ship is ready for battle. So you need to show all the gun hoists.
Would there not be two sets of tackle for the train tackle? I believe it was Continental style, wasn't it?

Hello

View attachment 264328

View attachment 264329

View attachment 264330
Let me know your opinion

Thanks
I was also wondering the same thing. It's a different kind of gun. It has a long rear end that looks like a handle. I also believe it's a smaller caliber gun on the fore castle deck and the quarter deck. Perhaps it's lighter and easier to manage by hand? I'm not sure if it even have the outhaul tackle. If anybody knows, it would be useful if you could share with us.

I have started rigging on the foremast and bowsprit.
The ZHL documentation is non existent for this. The only thing you can rely on is the plan that is provided but it does not include sails. Since I want to have sails, I need to be quite careful here. One step at a time.
I have used most of the ropes that are included in the kit but have used different blocks since those provided by ZHL were not super nice.

20211028_120258.jpg
20211028_120324.jpg
20211028_120331.jpg
20211028_120339.jpg

I'll also get started with ratlines :oops:

I have started rigging on the foremast and bowsprit.
The ZHL documentation is non existent for this. The only thing you can rely on is the plan that is provided but it does not include sails. Since I want to have sails, I need to be quite careful here. One step at a time.
I have used most of the ropes that are included in the kit but have used different blocks since those provided by ZHL were not super nice.

View attachment 265638
View attachment 265639
View attachment 265640
View attachment 265641

I'll also get started with ratlines :oops:
Have you bought a sails kit yet? If so, it give rigging instructions as well. At least, mine does.

Find instructions for models from Heller on the Internet. The rigging and sails are described in great detail there. I was guided by them when building my model.
Hello MrDeep
Thanks for this advice
I looked on the Internet but could not find those instructions
Would you have a link of where to find then?
That would be great
Thanks

Back