1669 Soleil Royal - ZHL [COMPLETED BUILD]

following with great interest.. this is my next build... right behind ya
about 2 weeks... I already have ?s

what is piece #18
Hello Ken,
It will indeed be fun to have you onboard and work together.
Piece # 18 is the rudder (not sure if this is the correct name in English for 17th century ship).
I have not yet used this piece by the way. Working on the hull right now

Hello Ken,
It will indeed be fun to have you onboard and work together.
Piece # 18 is the rudder (not sure if this is the correct name in English for 17th century ship).
I have not yet used this piece by the way. Working on the hull right now
I'm working on a Mamoli victroy at the moment and just want to throw it out the window... been conversing with a gentleman in Maine,,, and others... the parts,,, (missing and what is there) is just ridiculous...he's missing more parts than I am..

Put it away for awhile, and come back later.
What you are experiencing can be really frustrating. You pay a lot for a kit, and missing parts is crazy.
I have a Constructo Cutty Sark. that I started in the Nineties and I got to a point where it sat almost 15 years before I finished it.

I'm working on a Mamoli victroy at the moment and just want to throw it out the window... been conversing with a gentleman in Maine,,, and others... the parts,,, (missing and what is there) is just ridiculous...he's missing more parts than I am..
what really gets my goat,,, is you spend all this money on a kit that is supposed to be complete.. and get screwed....

With lots of filling and sanding you should be ok. Take your time with this. Another hint, the reason for the huge upswing of your planks at the bow is you made your garboard plank(the first plank at the keel) far too long. It should have stopped just at the point when the keel started to turn upwards at the bow. In essence the garboard plank should lie flat and not turn upwards as yours does. I hope this makes sense and helps.

Wow - great progress -> you are very fast with the planking - now we can see how massive this ship (and model) was (is)

BTW: Yesterday at 13th December 1669 was the Launching of the French Soleil Royal

Hello Uwe
Many thanks for this interesting link

Back