1669 Soleil Royal - ZHL [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hello
Main progress during the last few days was around:

- Completing the poop castle decoration
20210411_153348.jpg

- Mounting and installing the cannons on the front deck as well as the various decorations
I painted the cannons using Valejo Gunmetal acrylic paint.. The cannon racks are those provided in the kit.
20210411_153313.jpg20210411_153329.jpg

She's becoming pretty heavy with all the metal decorations !!!

Next will be to install !the cannons and the decorations on the quarter deck.

Hello

View attachment 226457

- Mounting and installing the cannons on the front deck as well as the various decorations
I painted the cannons using Valejo Gunmetal acrylic paint.. The cannon racks are those provided in the kit.
View attachment 226458View attachment 226459

Looks great Gilbert. Something to be proud of.

Hello

View attachment 226457

View attachment 226458View attachment 226459

it's looks beautiful

Beautiful Gil! Love the Cannon rigging. Question...did the cannon braces (trunnions caps?) that are on top of the carriages come with the kit? I saw a few people have them but mine doesn’t. What part # are they?

Last edited:
Gilbert looks fantastic, great work. I really like pictures taken out doors. It does get heavy. Keep up the good work!

I have the same kit getting ready to start next week. Thinking of reproducing all the metal parts in resin the keep the "weight" off. Plus to possible use the duplicates on future project for scratch builds.

Beautiful Gil! Love the Cannon rigging. Question...did the cannon braces (trunnions caps?) that are on top of the carriages come with the kit? I saw a few people have them but mine doesn’t. What part # are they?
Hi Bud
No the kit does not include the braces that attach to the cannon carriages.
I bought thin brass strips and painted in black

Back