18 Inch Sharpie

BILL THE RICE BARGE LOOKS TO ME INTERESTING ESPECIALLY FOR MY SKILLS, HOW DO I GET THE PLANS AND ANY COSTS INVOLVED NO PROBLEM. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE ALL DON

Nice Video Rich. He cut the stem with a chainsaw better than I can cut one with all sorts of tools for a model boat.

Thanks for sharing.

BILL THE RICE BARGE LOOKS TO ME INTERESTING ESPECIALLY FOR MY SKILLS, HOW DO I GET THE PLANS AND ANY COSTS INVOLVED NO PROBLEM. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE ALL DON
Hey Don,
I got the plans and documentation online from the University of South Carolina. They have quite the maritime program. I'm attaching the two files for you to review.

Attachments

• flat boat barge.pdf
    428.3 KB · Views: 7
  • The Waccamaw-Richmond Hill Waterfront Project 1991_ Laurel Hill B.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 10

Hey, Bill! I love your lobster smack also! I built a 16’ LOD gaff-rigged sloop a few years back inspired by the Friendship sloops of the 19th century. I love that design!

Have you figured out the edits on the Sharpie? Especially the side boards?

Hey, Bill! I love your lobster smack also! I built a 16’ LOD gaff-rigged sloop a few years back inspired by the Friendship sloops of the 19th century. I love that design!

Have you figured out the edits on the Sharpie? Especially the side boards?
Hey Doc

Think so. I'm including the measurements that they can be drawn from. I'll send you an update in the near future still trying to work out some other factors.

AGREED DOC VERY IMPRESSIVE IT IS, WOULD MAKE A SUPER LOOKING MODEL AND YES I TOO LOVE TO PAINT WITH WOOD AS I CAN NOT DO IT WITH OTHER MEASNS JUST ASK MIKE S, I REALLY THINK I CAN DO SOME GOOD WITH SOMETHING LIKE THIS AND THE HALF HULL LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS ONE,,,,ONE OTHER QUESTION ON THE FLAT BED PLANSWHAT SIZE ARE THEY SO I CAN GET THEM PRINTED UP, THAKS. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE YOU AND YOURS DON

AGREED DOC VERY IMPRESSIVE IT IS, WOULD MAKE A SUPER LOOKING MODEL AND YES I TOO LOVE TO PAINT WITH WOOD AS I CAN NOT DO IT WITH OTHER MEASNS JUST ASK MIKE S, I REALLY THINK I CAN DO SOME GOOD WITH SOMETHING LIKE THIS AND THE HALF HULL LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS ONE,,,,ONE OTHER QUESTION ON THE FLAT BED PLANSWHAT SIZE ARE THEY SO I CAN GET THEM PRINTED UP, THAKS. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE YOU AND YOURS DON
Don

Here is how I scaled mine.

The plans were taken from plans for a Rice Flat developed by the Maritime Research Division, South Carolina Institute of Archaeology and Anthropology, University of South Carolina. Generally, the barges were approximately 55 feet long and 15 feet wide. The model barge is 13.25 inches long and 4 inches wide giving a scale of ¼” = 1’ scale.

OK DOC OR BILL, MY PRINT PLACE ALWAYS WANTS TO KNOW WHAT PERCENTAGE INCREASW FROM ORIGINAL CAN ANYONE HELP. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE ALL DON

OK DOC OR BILL, MY PRINT PLACE ALWAYS WANTS TO KNOW WHAT PERCENTAGE INCREASW FROM ORIGINAL CAN ANYONE HELP. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE ALL DON
Don,

The way I do it is: if your drawing is 10 inches and you want it 20 inches, divide 20 by 10 (20/10) which equal 200% enlargement on a copier. If the drawing is 10 inches and you want it 5 inches, divide 5 by 10 (5/10) which equals 50% on the copier.

Hope that helps.