1869 Allerton Steam Pumper Model [COMPLETED BUILD]

This is a refurbishing job that Model Expo signed me because it will be one of the model exhibited at the Vegas Model Table Top Show.
It is a super intricate model with a billion parts and very heavy.
This model in particular is the one we received from Ken Foran, our designer and it was neglected because it has travel many times to different shows and they couldn’t find anybody locally that could fix it.
So I accepted the endeavor.
1.jpg

To obtain the proper copper color I used these paints and was apply with the airbrush.
Lots of time just masking off the model to prevent the over spray and also applying it very careful so when painted, the pulling of the tape wouldn’t damage the rest of the parts underneath.

2.jpg

Last edited:
Here I just finished the copper and started to prepare for the antique brass.
3.jpg4.jpg
As you can see here the hub caps are almost black because the color has fainted thru the years.
5.jpg

Here is the overall information on this great kit, as you can see is a heavy model.
Model Trailways Kit No. MS6006
  • Length 14-1/4"
  • Width 5-3/4"
  • Height 9"
  • Weight 6 lbs. 8 oz.
  • Scale 1:12 (1 = 1 foot)
Previous modeling experience helpful.

Kit design, plans, instructions, photography, and prototype model by Ken Foran, 2014

This is a refurbishing job that Model Expo signed me because it will be one of the model exhibited at the Vegas Model Table Top Show.
It is a super intricate model with a billion parts and very heavy.
This model in particular is the one we received from Ken Foran, our designer and it was neglected because it has travel many times to different shows and they couldn’t find anybody locally that could fix it.
So I accepted the endeavor.
View attachment 254324

To obtain the proper copper color I used these paints and was apply with the airbrush.
Lots of time just masking off the model to prevent the over spray and also applying it very careful so when painted, the pulling of the tape wouldn’t damage the rest of the parts underneath.

View attachment 254325
This the sort of kit I would really enjoy doing

Back