18th century Longboat by Shipways

Starting my 3rd model, 18th Century Longboat after completing 2 Midwest starter model's.
What type of glue would you recommend?

Attachments

• 15856725146965566187119515612623.jpg
    15856725146965566187119515612623.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 9
The manual probably gives the best advice. If I recall, that kit has very fragile bulkheads. I would suggest gel type CA and very careful assembly. You will probably get multiple different suggestions.

The manual probably gives the best advice. If I recall, that kit has very fragile bulkheads. I would suggest gel type CA and very careful assembly. You will probably get multiple different suggestions.
Thank you was thinking standard wood glue. Not sure what type to use

Thank you. Since we are in lockdown because of covid-19 I have Elmer's and CA glue. Will use a combination since I can't go out and purchase more.

This question will generate a dozen preferences by modelers...all good. But what I look for is how the glue will act...that is, I prefer a high tack, quick set wood glue. Several hobby/craft glues are made to act this way. "Arlene's" is one such glue brand mostly carried by crafting stores rather than hobby stores. Look for a white wood glue that has the characteristics of high initial tack (which means it will hold a part in place immediately but allow for movement) and quick set (which means it will dry or cure quickly. I use Arlene's Quick Dry and a gel CA...

Back