21 year old Endeavour build cleaning?

Hi All,
This my first post. I hope you can offer some advice, I began this Artesania Latina Endeavour build back in 2000, it was packed and shipped around the world while i worked overseas (canada, mexico, sri lanka and back to the Uk) i can probably claim the record of longest build, despite being well pack in a sealed crate the image shows quite a bit of degradation and rigging is loosened a fair bit.

My questions are as follows:
1 what is the best method to clean and repair the dirt and corrosion.
2. Is there anything i can do to "blend" the remaining spars etc as i complete the build.

Many thanks in advance
Dave C

20210418_173731.jpg20210418_174947.jpg

remove all the rigging as its not much and replace with new thread.

Can of compressed air to blow away dust.
use a fime spray bottle or air brush with soapy water & ear buds to clean away grime.
Ley it dry and live a spray with isopropril to kill any mould/ bateria that may have developed over the years
Unless its severe as in damaged leave the corrosion as it adds to the build.
Most AL parts can be re purchased if needed.

looks like it will clean up well.

remove all the rigging as its not much and replace with new thread.

Can of compressed air to blow away dust.
use a fime spray bottle or air brush with soapy water & ear buds to clean away grime.
Ley it dry and live a spray with isopropril to kill any mould/ bateria that may have developed over the years
Unless its severe as in damaged leave the corrosion as it adds to the build.
Most AL parts can be re purchased if needed.

looks like it will clean up well.
Hi Paulv, Thanks for the advice. Replacing the rigging makes great sense, where is the best place to buy more thread?
Dave C

Hi All,
This my first post. I hope you can offer some advice, I began this Artesania Latina Endeavour build back in 2000, it was packed and shipped around the world while i worked overseas (canada, mexico, sri lanka and back to the Uk) i can probably claim the record of longest build, despite being well pack in a sealed crate the image shows quite a bit of degradation and rigging is loosened a fair bit.

My questions are as follows:
1 what is the best method to clean and repair the dirt and corrosion.
2. Is there anything i can do to "blend" the remaining spars etc as i complete the build.

Many thanks in advance
Dave C
Hallo @David C
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

How is your work on the Endeavour going? Any progress?

Back