Piroscaf 28-foot Steam Cutter (1876) in scale 1:24 by Piroscaf Scale Models

Uwek

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Moderator

Many Thanks to @Piroscaf for sending us some data and information about the highly interesting new kit in scale 1:24

28-foot Steam cutter on the James White System (1876)
Was mounted on the armored cruiser General-Admiral
PS-24001
Scale: 1:24

Катер-1.png

28-foot steam cutter on the James White system was completely wooden constructed and equipped with a single cylinder steam engine with a power of 2 and 1/4 nominal forces.
The cutter was built approximately in 1876 and mounted on the armored cruiser General-Admiral of Imperial fleet of the Armed forces of the Russian Empire and was used for transportation of senior officers.

Original Specifications:
- length.................28 feet 3 inches (8,61 m)
- weight......................72 pounds (1180 kg)
- width..................7 feet 3 inches (2,21 m)
- draught....................4.5 tons
- draft....................2 feet (0,61 m)
- capacity...................2 and 1/4 nominal forces

General-Admiral was the world's first ocean-going armored cruiser. Built under the project of A. Popov and ship engineers I. Dmitriev and N. Kuteynikov at Semyannikov and Poletiki shipyard. The builder was the English naval foreman Bane, but in 1873 after his death, russian expert P. Titov became in charge. Building Supervision was carried out by ship engineer captain N. Subbotin. It was placed into service in 1875.

In addition we can show some 3D renderings, showing this wonderful model

2okFszvWFcU.jpg

tq1vjLP4nAY.jpg

Mc_vHt3Mjxk (002).jpg

FfekyjmHr4Q (002).jpg

In the following the manufacturer @Piroscaf will show us more of and tell us more about the kit ........ I am already in love with this vessel .....

I only want to add here the link to the interesting building log by @Koreets

Hello mates.
We are a young team of model developers and we are eager to represent you our first elaboration.
the announcement was presented above, therefore we will publish photos according to the stages of the instruction.
Thank you for the attention.
Let's get started.
Stage 1-4

IMG_20190501_132426.jpg

IMG_20190501_132445.jpg

IMG_20190501_134124.jpg

IMG_20190501_142730.jpg

IMG_20190501_191102.jpg

IMG_20190501_191113.jpg

Last edited:
Здравствуйте Дмитрий Викторович (Piroscaf)
Огромное спасибо за поэтапную инструкцию. Мы бы хотели узнать, как можно заказать вашу модель и способ оплаты. Безусловно, мы понимаем что стоимость доставки в зависимости от перевозчика и страны\города доставки.

Hello Dmitry Viktorovich (Piroscaf)
Thank you so much for the step-by-step instructions. We would like to know how to order your model and payment method. Of course, we understand that the cost of delivery depends on the carrier and the country\city to be delivered.

BTW, if any interested what is Piroscaf, I believe it comes from Piroscafo (Italian) for steamship/steamboat, steamer. Am I correct Dmitry?

Здравствуйте Дмитрий Викторович (Piroscaf)
Огромное спасибо за поэтапную инструкцию. Мы бы хотели узнать, как можно заказать вашу модель и способ оплаты. Безусловно, мы понимаем что стоимость доставки в зависимости от перевозчика и страны\города доставки.

Hello Dmitry Viktorovich (Piroscaf)
Thank you so much for the step-by-step instructions. We would like to know how to order your model and payment method. Of course, we understand that the cost of delivery depends on the carrier and the country\city to be delivered.

BTW, if any interested what is Piroscaf, I believe it comes from Piroscafo (Italian) for steamship/steamboat, steamer. Am I correct Dmitry?
We do really want to provide you with a kit, but a little bit later. Now, dew to the pandemic, we have a line of customers for the model. However, the set has slightly changed for the better lately. Plus, we are about to release of English and Spanish instructions to the kit. As soon as printing houses begin to work, we will place it on Ebey and other trading platforms.

Dmitry, Great looking craft I would love to try and build one to sail but about 1500mm long, I also really like the very clear computer generated images what program are you using?
Hi.
Mostly we are using two programs, RhinoCeros 6 and T-Flex Cad.
Generally T-Flex Cad/

Last edited:
As I have already mentioned great design will make build process easy. @Piroscaf Would recommend this model kit for beginners? What are minimum skills will require to assemble such model?

As I have already mentioned great design will make build process easy. @Piroscaf Would recommend this model kit for beginners? What are minimum skills will require to assemble such model?
We tried to make our kit closer to the ideal. But still the model is for those of you who have some experience in working with wood and plastic, because it comes out that it is hard to perform diagonal plating in a good quality without thermoforming. So we highly recommend using hot melt applicator for this.

Back