2nd planking sapella filler

Some where in here, I have seen/read where people have used the sapella sawdust to fill in the finer points that are left. Do I use straight PVA or diluted. Add glue,,, then sawdust and sand? I was thinking about using a clear tacky glue.

Thanks,, Inge

Bryian is right. The object is to mix a workable paste that can easily fill cracks and crevices. Use saw dust made from the planks used for the planking. Mix the saw dust with PVA glue, thin with water for a smooth consistency easily worked, apply, dry, lightly sand. Clear tacky glue will work fine. I use hobby tacky quick dry glue (white but dries clear). In the past I have also used regular white glue like Elmers…the stuff kids use in school projects. Doesn’t need to be fancy. I save sawdust from any wood I am cutting in small jars. Readily available when needed.

I agree with Bryian and Jim. Play around and see what works for you. For small spots I've found you don't even need to make a paste. Just spread on little PVA, sprinkle sawdust on it, give it a few finger taps and sand it before the glue dries.

Some where in here, I have seen/read where people have used the sapella sawdust to fill in the finer points that are left. Do I use straight PVA or diluted. Add glue,,, then sawdust and sand? I was thinking about using a clear tacky glue.

Thanks,, Inge
Hallo @inge
we wish you the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back