15000 Members !! 16000 Member Mark !!!

Dear friends and members of SOS:

Today is the 23.rd day of the month.

During these days in month August more than 100 new members registered already in our forum......So in the last weeks 4 to 5 new members per day.
And we had this month already three days, when 10 or more new members registered during 24 hours.

This is great - Many Thanks to everybody making this possible

And to all lurkers and guests => Register and get member - it costs nothing, only 2 or 3 clicks
My friends,

a small update due to the fact that the calendar month August ended
- so that everybody knows it - members and also guests and "guests"

In month August we were happy to say "HALLO" to 140 new members registered in Ships of Scale - so an average of 4,5 new members per day.
Today we have actual 1.361 registered members, so our group growed by 10% in only one month - GREAT

congratulations all, just goes to show. What the movie? " if you build it, they will come !"
Great to see our Asiatic neighbors joining in as well as ALL of European continent.
Yes! It is good to see, that from all over the world new members are joining our group of friends.
BTW: In the meantime we have already more than 1.400 members

holy smokes!

the rapid growth of this group amazes me every time I see NEW MEMBERS being announced not just one here and one there but by groups at a time.

I am so glad to see members from China and from all over and the interesting ideas and projects being presented.

140 new members in one month that is impressive

this does not even count all the guests that stop in to check it out.

build it and they will come is an understatement

I heard rumors of great plans coming for SOS and the dedicated work of those behind the scene making it all possible

thank you for a great forum

Its Probably due to this group of folks being adults with Respect for the fellow modelers regardless of skill level. This group also builds what we like regardless of where it comes from or who makes it. This is what the hobby is all about being able to choose what you want to build and getting a thumbs up for any amount of work put into it. I said it before and I'm saying it again this is absolutely the Best group of folks in any forum I have been a member of and I am a member of many with all the things I like to do. Keep up the good work and thanks for creating a place we can call HOME

.......this is absolutely the Best group of folks in any forum I have been a member of and I am a member of many with all the things I like to do.......

G'day Joe
The reason why you feel that, is quite simple.
This forum doesn't have members being members,
we have members as being a part of a worldwide family.​
That is our secret recipe!
Happymodeling and havagoodone mate.
Greg

Congratulations Donnie, Moderators and members. Two years ago the number of members were 600 now it is incredible how within two years another 800 members joined the group and more to come. I feel very happy that I have joined this group as all members give there utmost to help you with any problems that comes up. Thank you

Congratulations Donnie, Moderators and members. Two years ago the number of members were 600 now it is incredible how within two years another 800 members joined the group and more to come. I feel very happy that I have joined this group as all members give there utmost to help you with any problems that comes up. Thank you

This song says it all:
Greg

This song says it all:
Greg
Just checked it out - this song was recorded already in 1985 - means Yesterday, or?

In 1985, Warwick recorded the American Foundation for AIDS Research (AmFAR) benefit single "That's What Friends Are For" alongside Gladys Knight, Elton John and Stevie Wonder. The single, credited to "Dionne and Friends", was released in October and eventually raised over three million dollars for that cause. The tune was a triple #1 — R&B, Adult Contemporary, and four weeks at the summit on the Billboard Hot 100 in early 1986 — selling close to two million 45s in the United States alone. "Working against AIDS, especially after years of raising money for work on many blood-related diseases such as sickle-cell anemia, seemed the right thing to do. You have to be granite not to want to help people with AIDS, because the devastation that it causes is so painful to see. I was so hurt to see my friend die with such agony," Warwick told the Washington Post in 1988. "I am tired of hurting and it does hurt."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dionne_Warwick

New members coming across to our friendly forum in droves from the other forum. Great stuff !

nothing seems to be slowing down the growth of this forum and it is growing faster than any other forum.

I wonder why?

one thought is as forums mature a small group usually forms within the forum and they get set in their ways and kind of stagnate. It ends up their way or no way so growth comes to an end.
This forum explores new ideas and concepts it allows everyone to build anything. So in other words it keeps reinventing itself making it interesting to everyone.

another thing is by welcoming everyone it gives the group more of a family or guild of members who support one another rather than the idea of your welcome but your kit is not, or your welcome but someone else is not

well it looks like the 1,500 mark has come and gone

with more and more photographs coming in from around the world of shows and personal models members from other forums coming to visit and using SOS as a reference for sail, wood, steel and steam all types of vessels from work boats to passenger ships, cargo ships war ships oh my!

at the beginning of this adventure someone took a line from a movie "build it and they will come" well sure enough they were right

Back