38 Gun Frigate French Style Built

JosephH

Blandford Group Build

So taking a break from the Bonhomme Richard I started a 38 gun frigate using my Naiad drawings as a base. However I want to do it french style to make building easier and also to share with others who may be new and wanting to try something. it will also give a little experience on the French style plus wont have to mess with cant frames.

I have been learning a lot about solidworks surface by taking a ton of high end classes online at Udemy Academy this place has courses for about everything including turbocad solidworks and several other cad programs. I paid abt 9 to 13 dollars for most my classes as they always have deals and a couple of my classes were normally 500 dollar classes 23 and 32 hrs worth of study by major engineers using solidworks. its always good to keep an eye out for their deals which they have all the time they just rotate around.

So I just have the transom area to do then work on the inside. as you can see i was able to match the plan almost exact just a little hair shy around the bow but within 3 inches at full scale so close enough.

here is one of my courses certificate that you get upon completion. this was just a general overview of surface modeling in solidworks and how to set up everything and customize it

UC-JIY7FA89.jpg

JosephH

Blandford Group Build

so I have around 125 hrs in this hull loft so far. the longest I have spent on a hull tweaking it to make it absolutely perfect. I am in the final stages now just adding inner and outer waterlines double checking for fareness then will loft it up and it should be ready to make frames. will get some screen shots of the hull and waterlines which will use to make my profile sheets for the planset. as I get the loft finished and happy I will make my first sheets with the side view and keel lines, top waterline view and bodyplan and put it up for anyone that wants. then when I finish the frames will put them sheets up. that will get people started and as I draw more stuff will make more part and drawing sheets until the entire ship is finished. since I will have to make sweep outlines for rails etc I can use them to give patterns on a sheet too.

JosephH

Blandford Group Build

So today I am extracting the Fwd Stations. its a little slow, however due to earlier work I didnt have to take the days to create the part and assy files. I just had to add the dimensions which took only 3 or 4 hrs. so today will be making all the forward stations then I will post some screenshots

donfarr

Blandford Group Build

Thanks for sharing JOESPH and making it available, are the frames that close together, it looks like a solid piece of wood. Don

JosephH

Blandford Group Build

yes from the drawings i used they are but I may adjust them some as it does look almost solid. will see after add gunports how much

donfarr

Blandford Group Build

As I understand from your posts, that you are offering these as plans, for a scratch build, also frame patterns am i correct. Don