3D printing

I would like to know what 3D printing companies other modelers are using and how satisfied they are with them. My current model is the first one for which I have done 3D parts. The company I'm using is big (apparently international) but expensive. I would like to get quotes from other suppliers in future. Would appreciate any leads.

have you check

why not try printing your own. you can pick an entry lever 3d resin printer for under 250.00 canadian. the design program i use is freecad (free to use )and with a few you tube vids you can design any thing from cannon to blocks. the only real cost is the slicer software ( i use lychee ) but even they are free for a trial period. its a great feeling when you can actually make your own parts from an idea to a design to an actual physical product that you can use. it seems intimidating at first but if i can do it anyone can.

have you check

Thanks Jim, I did send them an email a couple of weeks ago asking if they do custom parts, I don't believe I ever got a response.

Thanks Jim, I did send them an email a couple of weeks ago asking if they do custom parts, I don't believe I ever got a response.
there is a marketplace called Shapeways 3D Design where you can ask to design and quote the price.

why not try printing your own. you can pick an entry lever 3d resin printer for under 250.00 canadian. the design program i use is freecad (free to use )and with a few you tube vids you can design any thing from cannon to blocks. the only real cost is the slicer software ( i use lychee ) but even they are free for a trial period. its a great feeling when you can actually make your own parts from an idea to a design to an actual physical product that you can use. it seems intimidating at first but if i can do it anyone can.
Thank you for the suggestion but I have accumulated so much stuff (hobby lathe, four hobby power tools, box of photo etching supplies, box of casting supplies etc.) that I'm trying (at age 81) to not acquire more. Nice to hear from a Canadian, I am in Michigan but my parents were from Amherst, Nova Scotia.

there is a marketplace called Shapeways 3D Design where you can ask to design and quote the price.

Thanks Jim but Shapeways is who I am using now.

I might - but I do stress, only might - be willing to make custom parts. 3D design work can be time consuming and therefore a bit pricey for a one-off, but I do sometimes make stuff for others. PM me if you wish.

Back