A big hello from Germany

Hello colleagues,

I have been a member for a few passive months now and wanted to say a few words to me. Some of you will already know me from the sagelschiffsmodellbau.com or the MSW.
I myself have been interested in sailing ships since my childhood, especially in historical sailing ships. For almost 30 years I have been an active sailor on charter yachts. In former times with friends, but for a longer time mainly with my family.

I like to read and also own a large number of maritime books.
Of course model building plays a big role. Beside many plastic models from my youth I build essentially the models in wood. My first work was the Endeavour, then came the Wasa, the Robert-E-Lee (even if this is not a sailing ship) and at the end of last year I finished the model of the Amerigo Vespucci. Uwe, whom I got to know in Rochefort, has already posted some pictures of it. At the moment I'm going to tackle the Réale de France. I'm currently trying to come up with a new plan.

And then last year I wrote a book, which is available since a few weeks "Die Farbe Blau im historischen Schiffbau".
Further information: http://www.modellbau-muellerschoen.de/buch-blau-en.htm
In a few weeks an English translation with David Antscherl as editor will also be available ("The colour blue in historic shipbuilding").

That would be it for now. I will see to it that I put some pictures of my models in the gallery in the near future.

See you soon, Joachim

Hallo Joachim,

also you will get a Warm welcome here on board of our forum,

I am happy, that you introduced yourself and we all hope, that you will participate in our communications

Like Joachim mentioned already in his post, I was able to see his model of the Amerigo Vespucci during my visit in Rochefort last year.

IMG_7337.JPG

More photos of the model you can find in the topic of the event
https://shipsofscale.com/sosforums/...-th-21-st-october-2018.2050/page-7#post-43770

Would be great to see his actual work of the Réale de France here, maybe in a building log and off course we would be happy to get all available information about the colour "BLUE"

Thank you very much for your welcome!

Beside of some picture from my models, I will open also a build log for the Réale de France. But before being able to post substantial infos, it will take some weeks.

Since Uwe has asked me above, a few words about my book "The color blue in historical shipbuilding".

It has been a long time since I collected the first documents on the exclusive colour blue in shipbuilding. Originally I only wanted the information because of my planned model of the Reale de France. Due to controversial discussions, I then began to research more intensively. The report for a magazine then turned into a whole book.

The contact with one of the world's leading experts for historical colors and pigments has given me the basis for a well-founded elaboration of the colors. Further contacts and information, international research networks, online libraries and contacts to many maritime experts form the basis for the book. Since nobody has done a comprehensive investigation on this topic so far, the research turned out to be difficult, hard facts are scarce and some things are based on different clues. Nevertheless, I was able to dig up some interesting things and present them in this book. A continuous colour illustration illustrates the themes.

The book is available as Book-on-Demand. Due to the printing and delivery conditions of the publisher, it can be ordered on the German book market through all booksellers and online shops. But the book also can be ordered directly from me.
http://www.modellbau-muellerschoen.de/buch-blau-en.htm
As I wrote above, the English translation will be available in a few weeks. Editor for this version is David Antscherl. I assume most of you know him.

So far for the moment.
Joachim

Thank you all very much!

I think, first I will put some photos of the "old" Wasa in the gallery. For the Amerigo Vespucci, I intend to make new photos of the finished model first. Will take a bit of time.

Bye Joachim

Hallo Joachim,

we from SOS which you all the Best

HAPPY BIRTHDAY my friend Birthday-Cake

Hope to see you next Saturday

Hallo Joachim, alias @shipshobbyist
time is running and I am sending you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Keep Care my friend and enjoy your special day
Birthday-Cake

Welcome to the SoS forums.

Good to have another fine builder on board to show us your work, and help teach us new builders.

I wish one day to get to travel to Germany, I was born in Wiesbaden, at the US Army hospital, while my parents were overseas. My mom is from Germany, dad met here there on his first tour with the Air Force. I have never been able to go visit my mothers family or tour the country. Maybe one day when I retire I will have time.

Back