A completely normal and utterly mundane Bluenose build log in which the author totally DOES NOT cut his model in half.

Hi guys, I received my kit today so I thought I'd kick this shindig off by making it clear that you should expect a calm, rational, non-cutting in half build from me. After going through everyone else's logs there are definitely some things I would like to try, and a few things I would like to correct about the kit like some of the simplified rigging fittings. But I can promise you one thing, I will not be cutting my model in half. I'm not even going to let a saw in the same room. Nope, no cutting in half from this guy. Just a normal build that most of you will consider relatively nice but nothing to write home about. I am aiming for the okay-ish build in the group. When people ask you what you think of my build, you'll scratch your head and reply that you have no strong feelings one way or the other.

PXL_20230228_004515842.jpg

ummmmPXL_20230228_010623273.jpg

PXL_20230228_010725813.jpg
PXL_20230228_010754246.jpg
Well, that took the wind out of my sails. The plastic shrinkwrap around the main bundle of laser cut parts burst during shipping and the laser cut sprues all broke apart. There's only one or two still intact. I guess on the bright side I'm not seeing anything broken yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys, I received my kit today so I thought I'd kick this shindig off by making it clear that you should expect a calm, rational, non-cutting in half build from me. After going through everyone else's logs there are definitely some things I would like to try, and a few things I would like to correct about the kit like some of the simplified rigging fittings. But I can promise you one thing, I will not be cutting my model in half. I'm not even going to let a saw in the same room. Nope, no cutting in half from this guy. Just a normal build that most of you will consider relatively nice but nothing to write home about. I am aiming for the okay-ish build in the group. When people ask you what you think of my build, you'll scratch your head and reply that you have no strong feelings one way or the other.

And ….. auch …….. that is not the start that you wanted Redface. Whether the distributor threw with your package?
I hoop that all the parts are intact.
And ….. No problem that me and Lawrence are the only mad-guys who put a saw in there BN. No problem to see a straight forward build of your BN.
Regards, Peter
I don’t know why a moderator replaced my reply into and on the and your replied post …….
The delivery in this condition is not a start that you wanted.

Last edited:
Upps - how this can happen, when the outer box is completely intact - I am crossing the fingers, that all parts are intact and you can assign the parts to the correct sheets

Welcome to the this ever-expanding build group, good to have you on board.
With respect to the cutting tools with teeth; I notice that you are still in denial, but I am rather confident, that at the appropriate moment we will see a nicely split hull... ROTF

As you already observed, there are lots of areas where you can customize to one's heart desire, so enjoy!

Kind regards,

Johan

Hi Rob. That is the first time, I have seen a kit arrive in such a condition. I will forward that picture to Xiuli tomorrow and get her take on that. Other than that, good luck with the build! I totally agree with you - there are many ways in which you can assert your identity on the model without resorting to any drastic stuff.

Oh my gosh. I am sorry (for you) this happened. I can only imagine your frustrations. I hope that all the parts are all there and nothing broken.

After thinking about it, this is really strange. The Box itself looks like new - no signs that (customs) opened the box. The condition of the inside does not match the condition of the box. It is hard for me to believe this happened during shipping only. But that is just my opinion.

After thinking about it, this is really strange. The Box itself looks like new - no signs that (customs) opened the box. The condition of the inside does not match the condition of the box. It is hard for me to believe this happened during shipping only. But that is just my opinion.
Oh, I seriously doubt this was intentional. Shrink wrap works so well because it forces all the little pieces to now become one much larger piece that acts together as a single bundle instead of as little pieces. It makes them structurally much stronger than they can be individually. But left alone, they become dozens of independent bodies bashing against each other. It's easy to see what can happen then. Yes, it might let me vent some to blame the manufacturer, or the shipper, or some guy at the bottom of a distribution center somewhere in Shenzen, but that would just be soothing my ego. I work in manufacturing and everything I know tells me this was simply a mishap, the proverbial exception that proves the rule.

Very well then ! It seems that you are able to move forward with it regardless. HA ! with me and my OCD, I still would be rehearsing this over and over. At any rate, we all look forward to your build. No two (same kits) built will ever be exact identical as they will always reflect the nature and character of the builder.

I did not think YuanQing was at fault either. YuanQing would not have any reason to do anything like that. I agree with Zoltan.

I think customs went through and messed up the kit
I doubt it, as you can see in the first picture, the main shrinkwrap was still intact when I received it. I have received stuff that has been gone through by customs before and they either don't make any effort to seal it back up or they make the most half assed efforts I have ever seen to seal it back up. They also leave a note saying it was inspected.

ummmmView attachment 360090

View attachment 360091
View attachment 360092
Well, that took the wind out of my sails. The plastic shrinkwrap around the main bundle of laser cut parts burst during shipping and the laser cut sprues all broke apart. There's only one or two still intact. I guess on the bright side I'm not seeing anything broken yet.
Ships wheel or wheels are definitely broken! Not sure about any of the other parts. Have you had a chance to go through them?

Back