A.L. Bounty Hull Fitting Question

Greetings
I would like to know if anyone can tell me what this fitting shown in the Artesia Latina Bounty plans is for? There are two per side as shown. It would be a fairly massive piece of metal at full scale (about 4" high). The plans simply call it a "Cable Hole" which doesn't describe too much to me. The John McKay book also shows these fittings. I have searched all of my information and don't find anything like this.

Screenshot 2024-06-30 084325.png

Greetings
I would like to know if anyone can tell me what this fitting shown in the Artesia Latina Bounty plans is for? There are two per side as shown. It would be a fairly massive piece of metal at full scale (about 4" high). The plans simply call it a "Cable Hole" which doesn't describe too much to me. The John McKay book also shows these fittings. I have searched all of my information and don't find anything like this.

View attachment 456567
They are called Sheaves, the ropes from the sails, the tacks and also the sheets go through them, also the braces for the yards, the ropes would go through from the outside around the sheave and up along the inside of the bulwarks and tied off to a clear or a staghorn, hope this helps you out,

Best regards John,

Thanks for the response, but I think what I am showing is not a sheave. This is a fixed piece of hardware that has a round vertical hole in the center and is not a grooved wheel like the center of a pully. For sure, the vessel has sheaves as you described, shown in the photo below of my build for the braces, etc. , but the fittings I am questioning are not shown with any rigging use in any of the rigging diagrams I can find (A.L. McKay, Occre) and I don't see anything similar in any of the rigging or seamanship books I have. I have looked at as many build logs as I can find for this vessel too, and have also not found any where this fitting seems to be used for the rigging. I am obviously still missing something in my understanding here.

Screenshot 2024-06-30 101220.png

Regards
Mark

Screenshot 2024-06-30 094416.png

Back