A Mast Coat Question

I have a question concerning the Mast Coat (I think it's called) on the Bonhomme Richard cross-section model I am building. The model includes two wooden rings for this use, on the upper and middle decks. I lost one, somehow, but that may not be a problem. Bourdroit's book on The 74 shows a similar mast coat on the middle deck (in red below), but what I believe is a canvas cover for the top mast coat (no doubt over some kind of ring), shown in blue:
1653331602807.png

Since I only have one wood ring, I will use that for the middle deck, as shown in red. I was going to make a duplicate for the upper deck, but as it was probably closer to what is shown for the 74, I think I will model that instead.

My questions are: Do you agree with this? And how would I go about modeling this? On a fully-modeled and painted version, painted cloth would probably be most accurate. But on this "unfinished" (mostly natural oiled pear wood) cross section model, I'm not sure painted fabric would be best. Although I'd have no way of turning a similarly shaped piece of wood. Any ideas?

I have a question concerning the Mast Coat (I think it's called) on the Bonhomme Richard cross-section model I am building. The model includes two wooden rings for this use, on the upper and middle decks. I lost one, somehow, but that may not be a problem. Bourdroit's book on The 74 shows a similar mast coat on the middle deck (in red below), but what I believe is a canvas cover for the top mast coat (no doubt over some kind of ring), shown in blue:
1653331602807.png

Since I only have one wood ring, I will use that for the middle deck, as shown in red. I was going to make a duplicate for the upper deck, but as it was probably closer to what is shown for the 74, I think I will model that instead.

My questions are: Do you agree with this? And how would I go about modeling this? On a fully-modeled and painted version, painted cloth would probably be most accurate. But on this "unfinished" (mostly natural oiled pear wood) cross section model, I'm not sure painted fabric would be best. Although I'd have no way of turning a similarly shaped piece of wood. Any ideas?
Good evening, Si is a leather cover that is attached to both the tree and the deck

1653331602807.png

Good afternoon Seal, I'm not sure there are two wooden rings, I'll post some images from the book "El Arte Del Modelismo Naval" by Froling, see how the locking of the mast on the deck looks like

ddd.jpg

uuuu.jpg

Thanks for posting that, Frank. That looks quite similar to the drawing I posted, the red one. There may be a wood ring inside, but the leather or canvas covering appears to cover it completely.

Thanks for posting that, Frank. That looks quite similar to the drawing I posted, the red one. There may be a wood ring inside, but the leather or canvas covering appears to cover it completely.
it is the cuff sewn with lace and nailed, there is no wooden ring

it is the cuff sewn with lace and nailed, there is no wooden ring
Yes - the canvas has to be nailed down, but not against the planking - Jean Boudriot is clearly showing a wooden ring which is not fixed to the mast, but against the deck planking
There was a gap between mast and wooden ring - with no forces transfered from mast to partners or deck, only to reduce the gap

We discussed this already in the building log - please take a close look to Boudriots drawing, where the wooden ring is cleary visible

Yes - the canvas has to be nailed down, but not against the planking - Jean Boudriot is clearly showing a wooden ring which is not fixed to the mast, but against the deck planking
There was a gap between mast and wooden ring - with no forces transfered from mast to partners or deck, only to reduce the gap

We discussed this already in the building log - please take a close look to Boudriots drawing, where the wooden ring is cleary visible

Sorry Uwek, these are the last pictures I post on this topic, but I'm not so convinced, how can you insert a wooden circle at the base of an already blocked tree

ggg.jpg

rrrr.jpg

At the end we see hopefully how the owner of the ship model @Signet will finalize this detail.
I am looking forward to see your new progress

Back