A newbie

Hello. My name is Woody. I live in sleepy Wellingborough in the middle of England UK.
I bought my first kit a few years ago. I built the hull and planked it. I did most of the deck fittings and then stopped.
I bought another kit. I bought a Cobra kit car. I bought a Rover V8 and started to build it. Apart from being sprayed (expensive!) it is almost done.
The bad weather and my unheated garage has put a stop to that build so -- I went back to my HMS Snake. Its a Caldercraft kit.
Over the past couple of months I have mounted the carronades and have started the masts. Just found this site and will be browsing for a while.

Woody

Hey Woody. This site is amazing. Anything and everything you might want to know is in here somewhere. :) Lots of build logs, tips and techniques for whatever you want to do. I've only been on here a bit over a month and just wish I had found it sooner. Welcome!!!

Hallo Woody,
a warm welcome here on board of our forum.
The HMS Snake is a very good kit (quality and manuals) so I am pretty sure, that it will be a fine ship model at the end.
You could start a building log (also from status now), so maybe we are able to help and assist or even motivate you .....

Hello. My name is Woody. I live in sleepy Wellingborough in the middle of England UK.
I bought my first kit a few years ago. I built the hull and planked it. I did most of the deck fittings and then stopped.
I bought another kit. I bought a Cobra kit car. I bought a Rover V8 and started to build it. Apart from being sprayed (expensive!) it is almost done.
The bad weather and my unheated garage has put a stop to that build so -- I went back to my HMS Snake. Its a Caldercraft kit.
Over the past couple of months I have mounted the carronades and have started the masts. Just found this site and will be browsing for a while.

Woody
Hi Woody and welcome. I built the Snake a while ago and thoroughly enjoyed it - the build log is on here somewhere. When you finish your Cobra please post a vid WITH SOUND! Nothing sounds better than a V8, still have fond memories of my TVR. Keep well.

Woody
Hallo Woody,
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Woody
Would you like to start a build log?

Woody
Hallo @scepticwoody
Birthday-Cake

Woody
Hallo @scepticwoody
Birthday-Cake

Back