A sad day today

Uwek

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Moderator

This is also part of our life and I think that a lot of you know this situation.

Today we had to ask the animal doctor to euthanize our beloved dog, to put her to sleep.
Shiela had a long life of appr. 15 years (my wife found her at an animal shelter 10 years ago) ,
everytime healty and she gave so much love to us. So I think she had overall a good life.

RIP

Hi mate
I can image how you and your family must be feeling now. A pet dog is a huge part of the family and loosing and member is very difficult.
I'm dreading the time my teacup Pom has passed away. She is a rescue dog and the vet told us 9 years ago when we got her she was about 10. So we don't know her age.
Our other hairy person is 12 and she's a papillon.
Both of our babies are dearly loved and again mate all my sympathy to you and your family.
Greg

I know the feeling, MOVED HERE TO KS, 12 years ago, I HAD MY WIFE MEY DOG YOGI, and FOUR CATS JUST DOWN TO ONE MY BABY CAT, but i enjoy my daughters dog, and my sons dog also, we are great friends. Don

In my youth I grew up on a farm and the dogs and cats were considers farm animals and letting them in the house was a rare thing. They were "animals" that lived outside or in the barn. It is the evolution of us that began to realize the profoundness of all living things and farm animals were more than just simple animals.

here is MU one of my wife Ev's cats waiting for her to sit in her reading chair
the name MU is not the moo the sound a cow makes but named after
Mu is the name of a suggested lost continent whose concept and name were proposed by 19th-century traveler and writer Augustus Le Plongeon, who claimed that several ancient civilizations, such as those of Egypt and Mesoamerica, were created by refugees from Mu

DSCN9930.jpg

oh yes Ev is settled in her chair and Mu snuggled up to hear the story.

DSCN7115.jpg

Mu's sister Minker will sit and watch me as I work on a model.

I do understand the loss but also consider it not as a loss but as a time you were given to know Shiela

Sorry for your Loss Brother.
I just went through this 3 months ago with my Dog Harley he was 12 human years old. He helped me through some rough times by being my loyal loving friend and it broke my heart to loose him. I still well up in tears just thinking about him. They become Family and its really no different then loosing a Family Member. Your in my Prayers Brother.

Hello Uwe
I am very sorry for the loss of your good and very fateful friend. Over the years we have been before and still keep wondering why a pet cannot live as long as we do, this would make things so much easier for us. That is not the case that is not the case and all though we realize it is time for them to go, we are never quite ready, Sorry.

Regards Lawrence

I am sorry for your loss, Uwe.
I am already afraid of the day when the same will happen to ours but hopefully it will be far away.
The best method against sadness if you continue working like hell!
Janos

Sorry to hear about the loss of your Shiela, despite the sadness you must feel, be pleased that you rescued her from a shelter and gave her a good home. I got my Archie from a nearby Rescue Shelter and the hard work the people who run it put in is amazing. Maybe when you're ready to get another family pet you will rescue another unfortunate dog and give it a good home,

Andy

.... Maybe when you're ready to get another family pet you will rescue another unfortunate dog and give it a good home,
Andy
I have the feeling, that this day will come ......

I too, am very sorry for this Uwek. I can only imagine at this point knowing that it must be difficult.

Uwe,
I'm so sorry to hear about Sheila. Brings tears to my eyes each and every time I hear of our best friends passing. It never gets easier but the sadness will eventually be replaced with good memories.

Back