A way of seizing

Hi all.
As a long time ship modeler and member in quite forums, I keep seeing that the issue of an easy way of seizing, is most wanted.
It was also for me but after many experiments, I ended up to the below method.
See what I mean.
As many of you, I also like fishing, so I came across the tool which allows you to tie fishing hooks easy, the "Tie-fast knot tyer". Then, I got the idea of a "Tie-fast seizing tyer".
I don’t know whether the fishing tool itself, can be used for seizing but I made my own tools…
So depending on the thickness of the threads I use, I modified three useless head paint brushes by trimming them down and creating a channel. See photo.

S1.jpg
Every time I need to seize something, I choose the proper modified paintbrush's head and by following the sketches for the use of the "knot tyer" (modified as well), I make loops around the edge of it.
Then, I insert the loop (or single thread) that I want to be seized in the formed channel and carefully remove all the threads (loops and thread to be seized) from the paintbrush's head. See the sketches and the photos of the process.

S2.jpg
S3.jpg

Finally, I gently pull the two edges of the loops' thread and I have my seizing knot formed.

S4.jpg

The seizing knot is slid able, so I move it to its final place, I cut the edges and secure with a drop of glue.

S5.jpg

I hope you find my method easier than others.
Thanks

Hi all.
As a long time ship modeler and member in quite forums, I keep seeing that the issue of an easy way of seizing, is most wanted.
See what I mean.
As many of you, I also like fishing, so I came across the tool which allows you to tie fishing hooks easy, the "Tie-fast knot tyer". Then, I got the idea of a "Tie-fast seizing tyer".
I don’t know whether the fishing tool itself, can be used for seizing but I made my own tools…
So depending on the thickness of the threads I use, I modified three useless head paint brushes by trimming them down and creating a channel. See photo.

View attachment 219075
Every time I need to seize something, I choose the proper modified paintbrush's head and by following the sketches for the use of the "knot tyer" (modified as well), I make loops around the edge of it.
Then, I insert the loop (or single thread) that I want to be seized in the formed channel and carefully remove all the threads (loops and thread to be seized) from the paintbrush's head. See the sketches and the photos of the process.

View attachment 219076
View attachment 219077

Finally, I gently pull the two edges of the loops' thread and I have my seizing knot formed.

View attachment 219078

The seizing knot is slid able, so I move it to its final place, I cut the edges and secure with a drop of glue.

View attachment 219079

Thanks
This is a great idea that I will have to try. Thanks, Rich (PT-2)

Hi all.
See what I mean.

View attachment 219075

View attachment 219076
View attachment 219077

View attachment 219078

View attachment 219079

Thanks
Great idea, thanks, I´ll try it at once

Back