About the COLOURS of LE COUREUR

Boudriot's quote calls for the stern molded rails to be painted Naples Yellow while the decorative rail below the false window is indicated to be yellow ochre. What is Naples yellow exactly? I see that it is a brighter shade of yellow ochre but I'm wondering how to reproduce this (or perhaps it is unnecessary).

Again, when it comes to painting a model, think "artistic licence" as you enter the realm of individual taste, even if you want to be "historically correct".
In any case https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naples_yellow (not that this reference should be your "go-to" source, but it is a start).
Keep in mind that there are different shade of specific colours: from lighter to darker depending on the recipe used to make it.
Further more, I am going to confuse you a bit more: the way colours are displayed through a computer will be different from one screen to the other unless your system (monitor) has been properly calibrated for colour management.
In the end, when it come to finish (varnish or paint), avoid gloss or high gloss: but then again, it is mostly about taste...
G

Many Thanks to Gilles for these further and more detailed information :cool:

Back