Admiralty Models

It would be a daunting task to build an Admiralty quality model, although some of the models on this site come pretty damn close!!
I was trawling the net the other day looking for photos or drawings of a hull under construction (17th century) ended up Googling Admiralty Models.
On the Google page a little ways down I saw a link and if you are interested simply Google "Anatomy of Admiralty Model" you get a FREE!!! pdf of the book.
There is a wealth of information not only for the seasoned but also for new comers.
Regards
Eric

Thank you Eric in posting this. I found the article right at the top of the Google page. Wow, after skimming through this, it caused me to seriously re evaluate my modeling skills. Needless to say that I failed !!! Oh well. There is a lot to learn....of which I wonder how he learned it.

Good point, any one of us can take all the reference books and pull a bit or a bit there and write a book. I AM capable of doing it but I would rather spend the time building a model.
Eric

Hi Folks, today once again trawling the net for information, I came across the following Blog: http://woodmodelbuilding.blogspot.com.au/p/downloadable-books.html
This guy has a swag of downloadable books for free even a copy of Wolframs book. Now I don't know where he is (country) or what the legalities are but he does stipulate to use the material for reference only.
I am currently testing a download and it is taking an hour.
Donnie/StevieF if you do not approve of this sort of site please let us/me know and I won't share the info or maybe get you to 'vet' the site first.
Eric

Back