After two years, I am back to the Hobby

After a two years absence due to ongoing health problems, I have decided to finish a couple of my Kits I had started. I have the Syren and the Snake to finish. Mostly rigging and a few modifications that I want to make. I want to turn at least one of them into a Armed Merchant Ship. In the past I have completed two small fishing boats and one Brig (Neva) from scratch. Actually I find building from scratch easier than following a Kit. I am losing my ability to read, and I never did like following directions anyway. I live in Sitka, Alaska.

Welcome aboard the forums.

Hope your health is doing much better now.

Please post a build log on your kits, even if you are mostly done.

Build logs help others see what your doing and if you have questions, post it in build log and others will reply with answers or opinions on the issue.

Also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum.

After a two years absence due to ongoing health problems, I have decided to finish a couple of my Kits I had started. I have the Syren and the Snake to finish. Mostly rigging and a few modifications that I want to make. I want to turn at least one of them into a Armed Merchant Ship. In the past I have completed two small fishing boats and one Brig (Neva) from scratch. Actually I find building from scratch easier than following a Kit. I am losing my ability to read, and I never did like following directions anyway. I live in Sitka, Alaska.
Hallo @David Rice
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
BTW: On which one of your mentioned projects are are working in moment?

Welcome. I built HMS Snake a while back (the log is on here somewhere), so hope you can start a build log.

Back