Ahoy from Rhode Island

Im Jack,

Here looking for info.. plans.. ideas.. I have alot of wood working experience, plenty of tools, a pretty good stock of lumber, ie cherry, oak, maple, mahogony, a bit of salvaged redwood, some walnut. also into metal work, a few lathes, milling machines etc, wood planer. I have built a couple small boats. Im interested in building from kit or plans. I am recovering from a shoulder injury and able to do light stuff. my dad built boats, but every one sank, he worked at electric boat in connecticut "submarines" heh

Welcome to SOS. There is a lot of good information on this site. You may want to be more specific with your inquire. What type of ship, What medium, static or RC ...

I have interest in too many! the Angel Gabriel.... my family was onboard when it wrecked. whaling ships of new bedford, martha's vineyard.. love the J boats... static is fine, also Rc at some point, not a huge budget, thinking of joining in on the bluenose build to get going.

Im Jack,

Here looking for info.. plans.. ideas.. I have alot of wood working experience, plenty of tools, a pretty good stock of lumber, ie cherry, oak, maple, mahogony, a bit of salvaged redwood, some walnut. also into metal work, a few lathes, milling machines etc, wood planer. I have built a couple small boats. Im interested in building from kit or plans. I am recovering from a shoulder injury and able to do light stuff. my dad built boats, but every one sank, he worked at electric boat in connecticut "submarines" heh
Hallo Jack,
also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our friendly forum.

Also in RI. (Warren)
Ordered the BlueNose from China today.

Im Jack,

Hallo Jack alias @Jumpnjak
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Hi, Jack. I recently joined the forum as well. I'm on the Island in Middletown.

Last edited:
Warwick, very close across the bay, right near where the gaspee ran aground chasing the hanna. I ordered also.
Warren, still very close across the bay!
My BN now has a completed hull. rigging next.
If you want to get together and discuss BN, let me know.

Finn

Hi Jack and welcome aboard.
You got the lumber already, that’s a great advantage when you get into the ship modeling world.

058F9FC6-4913-423D-B60B-02CD03BC17FF.jpeg

Im Jack,

Hallo Jack alias @Jumpnjak
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back