Ahoy there from NZ!

Greetings from the south! I'm really quite new to model building! (I've only built 2) one plastic and one wooden... my father was a sea captain
(harbour master at port otago NZ) and as was his father, so i have always had an interest in ships and the sea... i have just spent the last year on a ZHL kit set and have really had to guess my way through it and think on the spot...no one i know has ever made a wooden model ship so i haven't anyone to look to for pointers so I've been learning every step of the way on my own.... I've found it really quite enjoyable and rewarding. its not until recently that i have found this forum due to searching for images to help me out on my next project.... le soleil royal !! I'm just doing kit sets at this point but i have a strong feeling this will lead to a life long love affair with this craft and hopefully onto having a proper workshop. very stoked to find this forum and look forward to learning from the masters! Cheers

Welcome to SOS, good luck with the construction of, le soleil royal, chance you have some pictures to show of your building project, greetings from Norway-

Welcome to SOS, good luck with the construction of, le soleil royal, chance you have some pictures to show of your building project, greetings from Norway-

shes the zhl black pearl gold version (not a fan of the movies but i do like the ship’s design) shes abit ruff but yeah its my first model..... i know its not very accurate and there are alot of mistakes. being a pirate ship i wanted it to be abit ruff also.... All in all I learned heaps and im very aware of my mistakes.! A little embarrassed to post these but I thought i may aswell since you asked! Ps you can probably tell its not finished yet! Thanks for your time 2826796C-6F13-48B1-B091-2F96BA9E6921.jpeg

43ACD59A-BC66-4477-8D06-8484F2B68DAC.png620276B0-7E3F-4236-B827-960BCCE2BC11.pngB10A17B0-0CC7-412D-8AD5-44F50B5B00BC.png57D48026-5118-4904-A5D5-E8E8A3C6541B.jpeg8B28C80B-EB85-442D-8A82-46729D74B161.jpeg62084857-B244-461D-9905-590A5BF5B9F6.jpeg6C21BFB7-AA55-4AC8-95AD-1BF496560D50.jpeg

Hi from Auckland and welcome! I like your Black Pearl. I'm currently working on the Soleil Royal by Mantua. If your experience is anything like mine, you might want to stock up on the Emersons I see in the second pic! :DIt's a real challenge but you'll have a lot of fun with it.

Hi from Auckland and welcome! I like your Black Pearl. I'm currently working on the Soleil Royal by Mantua. If your experience is anything like mine, you might want to stock up on the Emersons I see in the second pic! :DIt's a real challenge but you'll have a lot of fun with it.

Chuur Bro! Yep drinks are definitely an essential tequila and a bunch of beer helped me on this one lol next one with be done on rum !! look forward to le soleil! Keen to see your one

Greetings from the south! I'm really quite new to model building! (I've only built 2) one plastic and one wooden... my father was a sea captain
(harbour master at port otago NZ) and as was his father, so i have always had an interest in ships and the sea... i have just spent the last year on a ZHL kit set and have really had to guess my way through it and think on the spot...no one i know has ever made a wooden model ship so i haven't anyone to look to for pointers so I've been learning every step of the way on my own.... I've found it really quite enjoyable and rewarding. its not until recently that i have found this forum due to searching for images to help me out on my next project.... le soleil royal !! I'm just doing kit sets at this point but i have a strong feeling this will lead to a life long love affair with this craft and hopefully onto having a proper workshop. very stoked to find this forum and look forward to learning from the masters! Cheers

Hallo,
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Greetings and Salutations..!!

I am not a fan of Disney movies typically. However, the Black Pearl is a VERY interesting ship and a VERY interesting build. When you first lay eyes on a Black Pearl, you instantly know the ship.!! Lots of recognition. I think the same way about "ruff" as you call it versus "spic and span". It just seems right for that particular ship.

Welcome to the SOS forum. There is lots to see around here...

Hallo @dagarmorph
Birthday-Cake

Hallo @dagarmorph
Birthday-Cake

Back