Air purifier

Hi guys
I'm just wondering as I do a lot of hand sanding in my model room in the house then just blow it off the sanding block ( yes all by hand no machines)
Then At then end of my session I'll vacuum it up .
My question is should I wear a mask ,for health, or is it not hurting me .
Sorry just never thought about it to now and the other day started coughing for no reason ( non smoker).it's not as if I'm breathing it in I think
Cheers snowy any info would be nice

The real problem is you don't know where the wood came from or what is may have been treated with. I'd wear a face mask at any your sanding, no matter where if your having issues. It could be this stupid cold that going around in Aus at the moment, or it could be the wood. I doubt small sanding is a major issue, but if its generating a lot of dust, it may be having an affect on you.

I hate to think of the crap thats gone in my lungs( apart from smoking) & PC over the years!.

The only thing I can definitely say is NEVER sand any MDF with out a mask. !

A agree with Paul, wearing the mask will never hurt, and protect your lungs. Those are designed for small dust particles protection. WEAR THEM!!! Exclamation-Mark

Cheers guys
All good but good idea to just wear a mask thankyou
Cheers snowy

When I die they are going to have to call in a geologist to autopsy my lungs with all the crap I've inhaled over the years. But yea even a cheap dust mask is better than nothing. Unless I am cutting MDF on my table saw I don't wear a mask, I know I should trough.

Back