Airbrush painting

In my simple mind, in shipbuilding, you will not need such a professional kit. It is MAINLY in the plast modelling -aircraft, car diorama. Here you can do wonder and is a MUST here. My local hobby shop has one of Spains TOP painter, and are giving courses etc and once a year a fair of all king of modelling: Wood, PLast Models, Dioramas.
There's something about brush painting which, when done right and with quality brushes and paints which stands out to me.

Before I invest in airbrush equipment I'd like to know from current users about which equipment they use and why. I know price can make a difference in quality. Some equipment is more user friendly. Reading the Micro Mark and related sites they are in the business of selling so I discount their explanations.
Related, I currently use toothpicks for some fine work, preferring flat to round for their porosity-my opinion.
Hallo @Spars
we wish you all the BEST and belayed a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Hallo @Spars
we wish you all the BEST and belayed a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Hi Uwe, there was years ago about 4 different system, depending on which drive source. With paint and gas, equipment with a gas patron added -most use in the level kitchen -than a specific gas system with some adjustment and the high level with autogas and adjustment. my info is about 40 years old, so new models and system may be on the market
if it is very important about 15 km from where I live, we have one of Spain's best 5 spraypainters, main painting plastic kits, dioramas etc. make ones a year an exhibition od modelling. he has often asked me to have a course.
HE HAS BEEN MY DAILY SUPPLIER FOR MANY YEARS.

I've read the above a couple times and while all are great suggestions with fine information, way beyond my needs. I had a Binks siphon Wren years ago but it wore out and someone else refurbished and owns it now. I lust after an Aneast IWATA after owning their LPHV guns but times and wallet contents have changed
OK, with that said, is there a decent low buck double stage air brush? Many sites list dozens if not hundreds and even You Tube has a few reviews - but are they to be trusted?

I've read the above a couple times and while all are great suggestions with fine information, way beyond my needs. I had a Binks siphon Wren years ago but it wore out and someone else refurbished and owns it now. I lust after an Aneast IWATA after owning their LPHV guns but times and wallet contents have changed
OK, with that said, is there a decent low buck double stage air brush? Many sites list dozens if not hundreds and even You Tube has a few reviews - but are they to be trusted?
YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. no what is your need? I have been building a wooden ship for about 50 Years and has never used those auto sprays, which there are mainly 4 different methods.
1; a spray can, which in our use is good enough (for me at least), and ending up with a spray nozzle connected to a can or more expensive to a compressor. somewhere under the technical help, there is an article of mine -which at that time were 20 years ago, so I suppose a lot of never product is on the market. it all depends on what you want to paint, and how much (generally apart from the hull, there are not many places, where professional paint brushes are needed. this is much more in the plastic industry, wherewith the right equipment can do wonders. sit down and think about your need., and if interested to go forward, a friend of mine, is one of the 5 best with spray. he has a hobby shop.
I have done over 30 models in my about 50 years of building without the modern thing. a 1 class pincel (Bruch) can do it as well and sometimes better. Come back if you need more info
the model below was my last one and was only painted with a brush apart from the bottom.
el capi.

2014-05-28 21.20.47.png

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. no what is your need? I have been building a wooden ship for about 50 Years and has never used those auto sprays, which there are mainly 4 different methods.
1; a spray can, which in our use is good enough (for me at least), and ending up with a spray nozzle connected to a can or more expensive to a compressor. somewhere under the technical help, there is an article of mine -which at that time were 20 years ago, so I suppose a lot of never product is on the market. it all depends on what you want to paint, and how much (generally apart from the hull, there are not many places, where professional paint brushes are needed. this is much more in the plastic industry, wherewith the right equipment can do wonders. sit down and think about your need., and if interested to go forward, a friend of mine, is one of the 5 best with spray. he has a hobby shop.
I have done over 30 models in my about 50 years of building without the modern thing. a 1 class pincel (Bruch) can do it as well and sometimes better. Come back if you need more info
the model below was my last one and was only painted with a brush apart from the bottom.
el capi.

I appreciate your answer and have no quibbles with what you said. My Amati Fifie RC model will be brush painted and the Dumas model will be spray can painted since it will be just a static display. I didn't define what and why I asked about low buck air brushes. To add to what I said above, I am supposedly receiving a Trumpeter Dreadnought 1/350th plastic model from one of my children for Christmas. I also have a multitude of other plastic models that I'm going to dig out of storage that will need painting without any trace of brush strokes. Purchasing a several hundred dollar air brush to paint these models is out of the question when a 30 -60 dollar version might do the job even uf it's thrown away after a couple models andd replaced with another.

I used the little air compressor that came with the kit. The only problem was moisture, but a filter should take of that.

In some cases, an airbrush replaces a paintbrush in model making. Neverless, the brush is irreplaceable for painting decorations and figures. Buying an airbrush is like buying a lathe, a mill or a circular saw. You have to familiarize yourself with it and learn a new technik. Cleaning clogged nozzles, diluting colors, etc. must be learned. Also, good substrate preparation and masking of the part will ensure the incomparably painting result.

SANY1304.JPG

Above: a single action airbrush. The amount of paint is controlled at the bottem left by opening or closing the nozzle. On top of the airbrush is a push button that releases the airflow through the airbrush. Easy to use and clean.
Below: a double action airbrush. Paint and compressed air are controlled with combined push button for the air and simultaneous pull back for the amount of paint. Requires more practise.

Single action airbrush.

Double action airbrush from another manufactorer.

To the airbrush comes still the acquisition of a compressor.
GETMODNOW is a forward-thinking platform passionate about breaking boundaries and making essential resources accessible to all. Visit site Please come in and experience it
Best regards
Thomas
Thank you for your comment on using airbrushes in modeling. You've made some valid points about the advantages and disadvantages of brushes over traditional brushes.

Back