Airfix 1/12 Bentley supercharged

Sierra Hotel!
May I inquire as to the year of manufacture for the actual car the model represents?

A model of, as it was called humorously at the time, "The world's fastest lorry!". I built one in 1972. Nice kit.

A model of, as it was called humorously at the time, "The world's fastest lorry!". I built one in 1972. Nice kit.
.... by M. Bugatti I believe. His creations were a total contrast to Mr Bentley's, and much more evocative of racing cars of that era.

The prices Airfix charge for all their older issues are exorbitant...pure profiteering.
The capital investment would have been returned DECADES ago.
Some of these kits became rare, the company seems to charge the inflated prices being asked.
Being re-issued wipes away the rarity value, unless you desperately want the original boxing.
If you gotta get one then you have to get one.
This sucker ain't sucking.

The prices Airfix charge for all their older issues are exorbitant...pure profiteering.
The capital investment would have been returned DECADES ago.
Some of these kits became rare, the company seems to charge the inflated prices being asked.
Being re-issued wipes away the rarity value, unless you desperately want the original boxing.
If you gotta get one then you have to get one.
This sucker ain't sucking.
I guess someone has to pay 'Parent Companies' to buy out the 'broke' ones. I did read that Hornby were in trouble?

Hornby/Airfix seem to have the usual 'British Disease', barely surviving on a wing and a prayer.
Generally, British management is atrociously inadequate.
S--t always floats to the top,

Back