Airfix HMS Devonshire: Some info on the little Wessex please?

I am currently busy with the Airfix 1/600 HMS Devonshire and would like to spruce up the little Wessex, supplied in the kit. Now, I assume (hesitantly) that the configuration of the Devonshire as presented by Airfix may be her configuration during the 1962 to 1964 period ????

1. I have read somewhere on the net that in the Airfix configuration the Devonshire could actually be the HMS Kent?

2. Which Westland Wessex would she be equiped with during that period?

Looking forward to your input.

I am currently busy with the Airfix 1/600 HMS Devonshire and would like to spruce up the little Wessex, supplied in the kit. Now, I assume (hesitantly) that the configuration of the Devonshire as presented by Airfix may be her configuration during the 1962 to 1964 period ????

1. I have read somewhere on the net that in the Airfix configuration the Devonshire could actually be the HMS Kent?

2. Which Westland Wessex would she be equiped with during that period?

Looking forward to your input.
according to the web page at https://military-history.fandom.com/wiki/Westland_Wessex, the HAS 3 didn't come into operational use until 1967, so it would still be the first variant of the HAS 1.

I'm watching this....who knows where it will lead?
small_Westland Wessex mk3 XS149 HMS Fife D20 31025.jpg

Last edited:
I'm watching this....who knows where it will lead?
View attachment 422705
Morning. Where this will lead ...? Well hopefully to a reasonable Wessex in 1/600 scale or total disaster ... who knows? Thank you for the link, it is a beautiful model indeed. Pity that they are getting scarce these kits of the Wessex.

Back