AL L'Hermione - How best to rig blocks at mast crossings

I find myself at a stage that I've been looking forward to - adding rigging to the masts. But, As I start that work I realize that I don't know how to make some of this look right. The PDF instructions show the image below as an example of how to rig the foremast. I have two questions. First what is the proper knot or attachment method to fasten the numerous blocks that can be seen in the illustration that connect to the mast top or foot between the cross tree and the cap. My second question regards whether or not this is an accurate configuration. I can see that @Messis has placed very few of these blocks in his L'Hermione build. Also as I look at the pictures of the current replica of L'Hermione I don't see much evidence for the numerous blocks that drop down through the cross tree. Help!
Rich

1601054246200.png

A lot of blocks pictured in the kit's instructions are wrong. At the end of the rigging you shall find out thatmore than a few blocks are placed in the instr. apparently by mistake.

I believe you have to study the pictures at the end of the instructions to find out which you have to add and which are not nescesary to be added. Those overnumbered blocks cause only unneeded work and crowded masts

Last edited:
Back